139 replies to this topic

#136 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,694 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:02 PM

If I'm not mistaken, the Giants have at least a couple FA solid OL guys this offseason. I'd bet we sign at least one of those.

I want Tavon Austin bad. Really bad. I'd take him at 14, but most GMs will say that is too early. If we could trade down to mid-to-late 20s in the first and recoup a third round pick (and maybe even more) then I'd do that and hope Austin was still on the board.

Then we could use our second/newly acquired 3rd to flesh out another OL spot and a DT.

Perfect scenario in my opinion.

#137 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

i've got no problem with a risky pick as long as these things are all there in spades:

high ceiling
solid work ethic
coachable
demonstrable growth
ambition to grow

from what i've seen in my limited reading on him, i think he fits that.

For a team that is banking a lot on a playoff appearance next year, im not so sure about that. Regardless who we pick at that position it has to be a guy that we know is gonna make a impact right away.

#138 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,817 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

Why do people act like Keenan Allen is a snail? He isnt blazing fast but he is fast enough to be defenses. He is also fast enough to play in this offense and speed doesnt even matter if receivers cant fight defenders off the line scrimmage and route running. He also is a really good slot receiver, he would be a chain mover instantly, that matters a lot too. He also catches with his hands really well which is something CP isnt great at.

i think most assume that allen will be gone early.

#139 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,817 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

For a team that is banking a lot on a playoff appearance next year, im not so sure about that. Regardless who we pick at that position it has to be a guy that we know is gonna make a impact right away.

it all depends on gettleman.

#140 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

Ron feels this way, Gettleman may not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.