#1 TerriblePizza

TerriblePizza

Bringin dat Gamecock swag

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,221 posts
  • LocationCamden, SC

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

I want to preface this by saying that in all seriousness we are probably not going to do anything in Free Agency this year because of the mess Marty Hurney left. In fact, to get under the cap enough to sign our daft picks we are probably going to have to make a painful cut or two.

So, lets assume that we part ways with Gamble and R. Edwards, restructure Beason and maybe one or two others, and let Munnerlyn, D. Anderson, Barnidge, and D. Edwards walk.

Taking into mind that Gettleman wants to build from the two lines out, here is my mock:

Round 1: Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah

Posted Image

In this fortuitous scenario, teams at the top scramble for QBs, pass rushers, and o-linemen and that causes Lotulelei to fall right into our laps. Lotulelei has drawn comparisons to Haloti Ngata in the way that he plays with power and sheer strength. This 6'4", 320 lb monster anchors the point of attack well and creates a great push in the middle. He's great against the run and can produce some push to disrupt the pocket for the QB.

Round 2: Kyle Long, OT/G, Oregon

Posted Image

Again, bolster our lines. Long is brother of the Rams' Chris Long and son of Hall of Famer Howie Long. He's a 6'7" 313 monster and is still a very raw talent. With some development he could be a replacement for Gross eventually. He could start day 1 at RT or at either guard position.

Round 4: D.J. Swearinger, DB, South Carolina

Posted Image

A hard hitting DB famous for his highlight real hits, Swearinger is not very well known for his versatility. He played all the positions in the secondary at a high level while at South Carolina. In 2012 he lined up at both Safety spots, and played CB due to injuries. He has a knack for big plays but his biggest drawback is probably his knack for 15 yard penalties.

Round 5: Levine Toilolo, TE, Stanford

Posted Image

Huge (6'7", 265lbs), athletic TE that plays more like a basketball player than a football player. He's an excellent receiver but definitely could use some work as a blocker.

Round 6: Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU

Posted Image

It may seem like wishful thinking that he'll fall this far, or that the Panthers actually take him, but how can you pass him up with a late round pick? Everyone knows the Honeybadger has a knack for the big play. Everyone knows how dangerous he is as a punt returner. Under the right structure and coaching staff he could be a phenom again. His versatility and athleticism alone makes him worth the pick.

#2 TerriblePizza

TerriblePizza

• HUDDLER
  • 2,221 posts
  • LocationCamden, SC

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

Ug. How do you insert Youtube videos now?

#3 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,296 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

Not bad but Star ain't droppin 14 spots to us.

Also I guarantee Gettleman will get us down in the cap and sign Atleast "two" players on "1yr contract", one of them which is Kenny Phillips.

#4 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

Stopped reading when you gave us star.

#5 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

I have seen mocks where star could fall but it's close to a pipe dream. Like it overall though, takes care of 3 major needs. Would also love for Cam to have a Gronk sized TE

#6 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,597 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

Would be nice if star fell to us, kinda like nick fairley fell to the lions

#7 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

Stopped reading when you gave us star.

came to say this

#8 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

:lolu: :lolu:

#9 ZackAttack23

ZackAttack23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

Not a bad mock besides the fact that we will get two 6th round compensatory picks and Star won't drop to 14. Hell he wont drop to 5.

#10 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,304 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

I would be dancing in the Australian streets wearing nothing but my panthers jersey if star fell to us. Not bad rest of the draft too.

#11 TerriblePizza

TerriblePizza

• HUDDLER
  • 2,221 posts
  • LocationCamden, SC

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

Star probably won't. This is version 1.0. I realistically seeing us taking John Jenkins or Sheldon Richardson. I bet we take someone who can anchor the line rather than a pass rusher.

#12 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

Star probably won't. This is version 1.0. I realistically seeing us taking John Jenkins or Sheldon Richardson. I bet we take someone who can anchor the line rather than a pass rusher.

*Jesse Williams (NT) Alabama

Richardson is a UT and we don't really need a UT. While Jenkins has potential people are questioning his motor and his cardio

#13 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,304 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

*Hankins

Might he fall? Sure anyone can fall, but this supposed plummeting of his stock is a falsehood at this point. He's still widely regarded the #2 DT.

#14 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,597 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

I dont know how I feel about Richardson, can be very disruptive and make plays but doesn't hold the point very well. We need a NT to help stop the run

#15 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,161 posts
  • Location704

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

Great mock and excellent job doing a little research. Other users take note.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com