Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

What time does the game come on

#32 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

have to have a competent Oline to run it perfectly...

doesn't need it anymore than any other offense.

#33 Russian Bear

Russian Bear

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Your so full of poo. They have had the Pistol on NCAA football for like 5 years. They have had it in college before the Dolphins were running the wildcat with Williams and Brown.

#34 Russian Bear

Russian Bear

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Im talking about the video game and it takes them a few years to catch on.

#35 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,596 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

Send a lead blocker to take out the DE and run the QB out anyway.

Could do, but that takes the option out of it, it would just become a designed QB keeper with a fake handoff...

That's what he showed this morning... the Seahawks had a lead blocker for the QB, but the DE stayed home and essentially forced the QB to take the handoff option.

#36 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,031 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

It is amazing that Shula has stayed employed every single year of his career considering how dumb some of you guys seem to think he is. Apparently all of these coaches are even less "sharp" for hiring him year in and year out, whether it is to be OC or as QB coach.

How does that equate to him being and OC, especially considering no one else would have offered him a job, beside the Panthers?

The question is not, "will he be a successful OC"? He maybe; especially with Cam there.

But it's also fair to say, there was nothing in his past or current Resume (except for the Panthers maybe), that warranted him receiving this gig, over a Hue Jackson Per se. Wouldn't you agree?

I'm sorry that's the record as it stands, until proven otherwise. Hopefully, Shula will do well.

PS: I understand why they hired him. However, we also have to understand the other side as well.

#37 redbuddha

redbuddha

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • LocationCentral Alabama

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

Hire Chris Ault as QB Coach

#38 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,461 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

We ran the wildcat in 2008 and Miami runs it the next year and it is some kind of new inventive idea. We ran the pistol plenty in 2011 and San Francisco runs in 2012 and they are suddenly new and inventive.

Truth is we have run the pistol plenty of times over the past 2 years with very good success. When you see Cam not at full shotgun depth (4 yards instead of 7) with the runner lined up 2 or 3 years behind him, that is the pistol formation. When he is further back and the runner is next to him, that is the shotgun.
In fact some of the references to the pistol offense reference that the Panthers and Newton have used it.
So for all the posters acting like this is new or something we should do, welcome to 2011.

#39 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,031 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

Truth is we have run the pistol plenty of times over the past 2 years with very good success. When you see Cam not at full shotgun depth (4 yards instead of 7) with the runner lined up 2 or 3 years behind him, that is the pistol formation. When he is further back and the runner is next to him, that is the shotgun.
In fact some of the references to the pistol offense reference that the Panthers and Newton have used it.
So for all the posters acting like this is new or something we should do, welcome to 2011.

You see, all good things with Cam and this offense can be taken from 2011 (and the the last 7 games of 2012). LOL.

We'll just suffer some timely amnesia, regarding those first 9 games 0f 2012. SMH

#40 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

Hire Chris Ault as QB Coach

i wouldn't be opposed to that at all

#41 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,461 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

You see, all good things with Cam and this offense, can be taken from 2011 (and the the last 7 games of 2012).

We'll just suffer some timely amnesia, regarding those first 9 games 0f 2012. SMH

Who is forgetting? You? I was at all the home games and suffered through the late game collapses. Still what does that have to do with the fact we ran the pistol formation last year and this??

#42 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

The pistol is exactly what read option is, except for the fact that the RB lines up behind the QB instead of off to the side. Come on man. It works sometimes and it doesnt work other times. As a base it does not work. as a sub package it forces Defenses to stay home and play very disiplined.

#43 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

I can't think of any kind of explanation as to how it COULDN'T work. The pistol is no different than the shotgun or singleback formation. Just lined up differently. I mean you do the same thing in the pistol that you can do in those formations.

#44 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

The pistol is exactly what read option is, except for the fact that the RB lines up behind the QB instead of off to the side. Come on man. It works sometimes and it doesnt work other times. As a base it does not work. as a sub package it forces Defenses to stay home and play very disiplined.

THE PISTOL IS NOT THE READ OPTION!

Do some people think college football and go, "LOL OPTION."

Umm, watch West Virginia University. You can run the pistol JUST like you run any other formation. Heck, the DETROIT LIONS with STAFFORD utilize the pistol.

Do people seriously think running the pistol automatically means running the read option? It is just a formation... like any other formation.

#45 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,031 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

Who is forgetting? You? I was at all the home games and suffered through the late game collapses. Still what does that have to do with the fact we ran the pistol formation last year and this??

Oh. I was in agreement with you.

I was stating (as I wrote), "all good things with Cam and the offense came out of 2011", including what you pointed out. I had to throw the end of 2012 of course, cause that was Cam's best stretch. But I like what the Panthers ran in 2011.

Whether it was the pistol, I, 2 TE sets, Under Center, classic shotgun, etc., basically the Panthers need to stick to those sets and mix it up, as opposed to a heavy dose of the Shotgun type RO they ran early last year in over abundance.

Once again, I was agreeing with you. And even added a "LOL", after (but probably after you had responded).

No biggie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.