#16 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,723 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

Gamble is as good as gone. He saves the most out of anyone. Beason and Gross will restructure. Despite these truths i would like to keep gamble over beason because of luke but its not possible

#17 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,352 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

Gamble has never been good but has many defenders for some reason

Idiotic statement without any facts, I mean this post really shows the ignorance of you.

#18 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,723 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

The Panthers are projected to be $11.8m over the cap after counting for salary carryover from this year. Cutting Haruki Nakamura (clear $1.8m off the cap), Ron Edwards ($2.5m), and, sadly, Chris Gamble (a whopping $7.9m, pretty much have to cut him) would clear up $12.2m which gets us under the cap. Restructure Gross ($11.7m cap figure), Beason ($9.5m figure), and DeAngelo ($8.2m cap figure) would give us room to sign our draft class and potentially a few lower-tier FAs.

Most likely scenario IMO.

How much do you this gross/beason/dwill will be willing to restructure. I believe beason has 3.5mil guaranteed out of that 9.5. Can he just play for that?

#19 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• HUDDLER
  • 4,596 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

Simply put, no we don't.

I love this team and have become attached to these players as well.however, it is past time to cut this loyalty stuff and get some fresh blood in here. We didn't do that with the staff but the roster needs it badly. Love beast ad gamble but its time to reconstruct the Carolina panthers.

#20 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

Gamble has never been good but has many defenders for some reason

LOOOOOL! sure guy.

#21 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,398 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

Fact: Our 2012 defense was better without them.

#22 JeramiahCopperfield

JeramiahCopperfield

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

Idiotic statement without any facts, I mean this post really shows the ignorance of you.

I, like most people here, have seen most every play of the Panthers for the past 7-8 years. This is a message board of fans' opinions, nothing more. So it is hardly an ignorant statement, as you do nothing other than watch the games, just like I do. Like I said, he always has his defenders. He is like sacred or something, when it is fair game to bash any other backfield players we have, even when a player like Josh Thomas can play much better, for a fraction of a cost. I don't see how he can be kept in any case with the salary cap so all of this is moot anyway.

#23 JeramiahCopperfield

JeramiahCopperfield

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

Fact: Our 2012 defense was better without them.

And much worse with them, the games with Beason were painful to watch.

#24 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,352 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

I, like most people here, have seen most every play of the Panthers for the past 7-8 years. This is a message board of fans' opinions, nothing more. So it is hardly an ignorant statement, as you do nothing other than watch the games, just like I do. Like I said, he always has his defenders. He is like sacred or something, when it is fair game to bash any other backfield players we have, even when a player like Josh Thomas can play much better, for a fraction of a cost. I don't see how he can be kept in any case with the salary cap so all of this is moot anyway.

Before he got injured

Chris Gamble leads all cornerbacks in yards allowed per snap in coverage at just 0.45. Prince Amukamara (0.48) 2nd & Champ Bailey (0.67) 3rd

2010 season.

If I’m really honest I think our third selection may be the best of the lot as quarterbacks have stayed away from Gamble. In 348 passing plays he’s only been targeted 52 times and given up only 22 receptions. Quarterbacks throwing into his coverage have a passer rating of only 48.4 (second only to Darrelle Revis’ 45.4)

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/12/23/pffs-nfc-pro-bowl-squad/

So, yeah, that talking out of your ass isn't gonna work with me.

#25 JeramiahCopperfield

JeramiahCopperfield

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

Before he got injured

https://twitter.com/...587310906568706

2010 season.

https://www.profootb...pro-bowl-squad/

So, yeah, that talking out of your ass isn't gonna work with me.

I call 'em like I see em. Sorry it doesn't fly with you ha. I know I'm not alone in my assessment of Gamble. Those stats can be skewed to by QB's who were attacking our other corners more, which probably was a good strategy. They also don't take into account crunch time plays, where Gamble is notably bad. Just off the top of my head like the NFC championship game against Seattle, or that game against Cincinnati where he got smoked by Chad Johnson when all he had to do was extend his hands to deflect or get the pick. Last year was a rebound year for him I will admit openly. But again, with his cap hit, how could he be kept anyway? And is he worth that kind of investment for one rebound year? I say no

#26 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

The way Colin came back is what Cam needs to learn

#27 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,095 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

Why do we have to keep 2 overpriced players who contributed little to nothing to our 5th ranked defense this year?

Please explain....

#28 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

The Panthers are projected to be $11.8m over the cap after counting for salary carryover from this year. Cutting Haruki Nakamura (clear $1.8m off the cap), Ron Edwards ($2.5m), and, sadly, Chris Gamble (a whopping $7.9m, pretty much have to cut him) would clear up $12.2m which gets us under the cap. Restructure Gross ($11.7m cap figure), Beason ($9.5m figure), and DeAngelo ($8.2m cap figure) would give us room to sign our draft class and potentially a few lower-tier FAs.

Most likely scenario IMO.

the draft comes from a different cap space and isn't included, I believe.

#29 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

You never hear analyst talking about getting under cap to free up draftees.

#30 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

You never hear analyst talking about getting under cap to free up draftees.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.