Lol Fiery smh

#167 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

ayy lmao

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,139 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

While JR's "we're running a business here" mentality is infuriating, I still don't think he said that poo about Harbaugh and even if we did want Harbaugh I don't think he ever wanted us so it would have been pointless. People act like he would have signed here just because we wanted him when the 49ers were pretty much his dream job.

richardson directly acknowledged harbaugh in that infamous press conference by outright saying that he wasn't in the running. hurney and richardson may have known that he didn't want anything to do with the panthers, it might have been obvious that he would want a fortune, might have been a philosophical issue with hiring a "college coach" (even though he had NFL experience), etc.

harbaugh was one of the hottest prospects to come from the college ranks in years and the most sought after coach that offseason. the notion that richardson had never heard of him is absurd.

#168 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

richardson directly acknowledged harbaugh in that infamous press conference by outright saying that he wasn't in the running. hurney and richardson may have known that he didn't want anything to do with the panthers, it might have been obvious that he would want a fortune, might have been a philosophical issue with hiring a "college coach" (even though he had NFL experience), etc.

harbaugh was one of the hottest prospects to come from the college ranks in years and the most sought after coach that offseason. the notion that richardson had never heard of him is absurd.

For the longest time I actually thought that the "who is Jim Harbaugh" quote was legit just because of how much people on here throw it around. I still have no clue where people got it from because it's obviously 100% bullshit.

#169 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,919 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

when asked if JR was interested: “I’m sure he's a nice man, I’d be happy to talk to him. I have not thought about talking to him as a head coach…. But I would be nice and cordial to him if I saw him.”

#170 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,919 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

Interpret that statement however you'd like, it still equals ineptitude on Richardson's part

#171 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,600 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

Interpret that statement however you'd like, it still equals ineptitude on Richardson's part

It wasn't ineptitude. It was JR acting pissy because Harbaugh didn't respond to the overtures we apparently made, whether serious or not.

And although I don't want to get dragged into this mess, FP, you are muy loco when it comes to JH. If Harbaugh were to magically leave San Fran for different horizons, he would be at the top of every hiring GM's list. Well, maybe not Jerry's. Harbaugh might expect more than $3 million a year.

PS: Before everyone chimes in about Fox being highly paid, that was only after he had achieved success inside the organization. That is not the same as being willing to pay big bucks to bring in a new guy. Once Seifert failed, I think JR decided he would never pay a coach top dollar until he proved he could be successful with our team. That is just my opinion of course.

#172 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,919 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

how much are we paying RR compared with other teams?

#173 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,417 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

And although I don't want to get dragged into this mess, FP, you are muy loco when it comes to JH.

part of the reason that i stayed in that conversation so long was just how funny FP was/is about harbaugh. dude's like a rabid chihuahua with that.

#174 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,600 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

how much are we paying RR compared with other teams?

Off the top of my head, Rivera's on a 4 year deal for about $11 million. I think Chip Kelly just signed a 5 year deal for $6+ million a year.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: Just found Harbaugh's deal. $25 million over 5 years. And below is an interesting article from Grantland that compares his value to a team with certain players/coaches including our own Charles Johnson.

http://www.grantland...argain-football

#175 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,919 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

Too depressing for me to read that for too long.

UGH

#176 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,658 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

Off the top of my head, Rivera's on a 4 year deal for about $11 million. I think Chip Kelly just signed a 5 year deal for $6+ million a year.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: Just found Harbaugh's deal. $25 million over 5 years. And below is an interesting article from Grantland that compares his value to a team with certain players/coaches including our own Charles Johnson.

http://www.grantland...argain-football

Wow, the 49ers are gonna be PISSED when they find out that Harbaugh is just average. :rolleyes:

#177 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,173 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

Keep in mind that it was widely reported Harbaugh would ONLY take the SF gig, so maybe the "who is Jim Harbaugh" comment came after the Panthers contacted him and he said no thanks.

#178 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,600 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

Wow, the 49ers are gonna be PISSED when they find out that Harbaugh is just average. :rolleyes:

I hear from someone in the business that he has 2 more years max before he's fired. Can't say who...I have to protect my sources.

#179 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,919 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

Keep in mind that it was widely reported Harbaugh would ONLY take the SF gig, so maybe the "who is Jim Harbaugh" comment came after the Panthers contacted him and he said no thanks.

LOOOL dem sour grapes

lemme juxtapose that little theory with this quote:

Leader of men showing his players the proper way to respond when things don't go your way.

As opposed to JR, who's a fuging quitter and acts like we never even wanted Harbaugh in the first place

#180 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,978 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

JR started Hardee's. He is like the Thomas Edison of chintzy fast food.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com