145 replies to this topic

#61 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

Hey guys I got an idea, lets trade next years 1st round pick to the 49ers, so we can get back in this years 1st round and draft Everette Brown.

Or better yet, lets just give them nexts years 3rd so we can draft Joe Adams in the 4th, yeah I'm sure that'll be much safer.

#62 redbuddha

redbuddha

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • LocationCentral Alabama

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

Agree.

All college/university programs and 32 NFL teams dies for a 6'5 240lb QB.

Nevada was the only school to give Kaep a scholarship. That doesnt speak that hes not a great as Cam

Dude you are blinded to the facts because you are not reading. Colin was 6-5, 170 lbs in high school. Not 240.

#63 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,389 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

Dude you are blinded to the facts because you are not reading. Colin was 6-5, 170 lbs in high school. Not 240.

Dude you are blinded to the facts bc I was talking about Cam being 240

#64 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,475 posts

Kaepernick makes quicker cuts, and gets from zero to 100 faster than Cam. It's pretty obvious watching the games....

He's slimmer of course he's quicker no denying that. Again I'm not denying he's faster just saying its not by that big of a margin. Their in that second tier together is what I'm saying as far as fastest qbs go.

#65 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,389 posts
  • LocationKurby

Hey guys I got an idea, lets trade next years 1st round pick to the 49ers, so we can get back in this years 1st round and draft Everette Brown.

Or better yet, lets just give them nexts years 3rd so we can draft Joe Adams in the 4th, yeah I'm sure that'll be much safer.

You're trying to hard to be funny

#66 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

In 2011, the debate was between Green or Cam.

Now in 2013, we still need a receiver.

Could have been that all along, but I'm still taking Watt over Green. An elite defensive lineman is more important than an elite wide receiver. Even for as much issues as we may or may not have had at wide receiver, our offense has still done just as fine. Even this year, when you exclude all the issues we had the first half of the season (which had more to do with scheme/offensive line/Newton being a young QB) than wide receiver, or lack thereof.

I do agree though it is a need but not as important as the position Watt plays.

#67 redbuddha

redbuddha

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • LocationCentral Alabama

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

Dude you are blinded to the facts bc I was talking about Cam being 240

http://rivals.yahoo....on-Newton-41356

Cam Newton came out of high school at 232 lbs.

http://rivals.yahoo....sLB2BE1iR5IPZB4

Kaepernick came out of high school weighing 172. That's a 60 lb difference.

That's why no scholarship offers.

#68 Rook35200

Rook35200

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • LocationFremont, CA

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

I think at first Kaep was playing only a role. But not anymore. The offense is based off him now just like how it is here with Cam.

Cam and Kaep are almost identical twins. Kaep only much quicker.

I understand what you're saying but that offense runs through Frank Gore. The only other threat that Kaep has added is his goofy running ability. His throwing mechanics are terrible. He should have thrown 2 ints today but one was dropped. That long wind up is going to hurt him in the long run. Defenders are going to be able to get a jump on him.

#69 Rook35200

Rook35200

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • LocationFremont, CA

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

Dude, believe me I am a big Cam fan, I live here in Alabama and got to witness through the magic of Television all of his greatness. But what Cam did for 1 year, Kaepernick did for 3.5 years. Why didn't he get a big time scholarship offer for football, Because he was a 175 lb senior in high school.

Kid got offers for Baseball scholarships, was selected in the baseball draft.

Kaepernick is the only quarterback in the history of Division I FBS college football to have passed for over 10,000 yards and rushed for over 4,000 yards in a collegiate career. Kaepernick is also the only Division 1 FBS QB to have passed for over 2,000 yards and rushed for over 1,000 yards in a single season three times in a career (consecutively).

I'm not saying he is/was better than Cam, just saying if you watched the kid in college, you could tell just like Cam he was destined for greatness.

I understand what you're saying but Kaep did not play against top level competition. All those numbers are great but it wasn't against the best competition in college football. I'm not saying he isn't a good athlete. I'm saying he's overated. His throwing mechanics are horrible and he isn't asked to go through progressions in his reads. When he throws the ball it's usually to his first read and rarely his second. Just by you saying he's destined for greatness means that your drinkin the Kappy Kaep Juice man. I'm just saying.

And I really doubt that his weight had anything to do with him not getting more D1 scholarship offers.

#70 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

The 49ers offense has been MUCH better with Kaep than it was with Smith. But I'd still take Cam. His ceiling is a lot higher than Kaep's. And as others have stated, under Rivera Green + Kaep wouldn't have made us any better than we have been. Harbaugh improved that team 1000x more than Kaep did.

#71 Rook35200

Rook35200

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • LocationFremont, CA

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

I just don't get how Kaeps weight had anything to do with him getting more scholarship offers. If you're good then you're good regardless of weight.. If collegs thought he had more potention they would have given him the oppurtunity

#72 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,389 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

I understand what you're saying but that offense runs through Frank Gore. The only other threat that Kaep has added is his goofy running ability. His throwing mechanics are terrible. He should have thrown 2 ints today but one was dropped. That long wind up is going to hurt him in the long run. Defenders are going to be able to get a jump on him.

The long release might hurt him at the line of scrimmage by getting balls tapped down. But once that ball is release, thats some dangerous velocity.

#73 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,389 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Cameron-Newton-41356

Cam Newton came out of high school at 232 lbs.

http://rivals.yahoo....sLB2BE1iR5IPZB4

Kaepernick came out of high school weighing 172. That's a 60 lb difference.

That's why no scholarship offers.

That's exactly what I said !!!!!!!!

People hate to believe it but it's the truth. Weighin 60lbs more can give you a DI scholarship. Nevada was the only one to give Kaep a chance. A lot of that has may very well have to do with Kaep weighing only 170

#74 Rook35200

Rook35200

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • LocationFremont, CA

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

He's slimmer of course he's quicker no denying that. Again I'm not denying he's faster just saying its not by that big of a margin. Their in that second tier together is what I'm saying as far as fastest qbs go.

I just compared their combine results.

Kaepernick
40 time- 4.53
10yd split - 1.62
20yd split - 2.63
20yd shuttle - 4.18
3 cone- 6.85
vert - 32.5inch
broad - 9ft 7 inches
wonderlic - 37

Newton
40 time- 4.58
10yd split - 1.58
20yd split - 2.60
20yd shuttle - 4.18
3 cone- 6.92
vert - 35 inches
broad - 10'6 inches
wonderlic - 21

So I guess Kaep only looks quicker than Newton. Probably because he runs so damn goofy lol

#75 Rook35200

Rook35200

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • LocationFremont, CA

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

The long release might hurt him at the line of scrimmage by getting balls tapped down. But once that ball is release, thats some dangerous velocity.

I agree but he telegraphs his throws. He almost got 2 picked off today and I've seen every game he's played in and it seems like whenever he throws a pass the defenders get a jump on it. It might not seem like a difference but that long wind up will hurt his ability to complete deeper routes such as comebacks and out routes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com