#76 Rook35200

Rook35200

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • LocationFremont, CA

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

That's exactly what I said !!!!!!!!

People hate to believe it but it's the truth. Weighin 60lbs more can give you a DI scholarship. Nevada was the only one to give Kaep a chance. A lot of that has may very well have to do with Kaep weighing only 170

The weights not the issue. If Cam weighed 170 coming out of high school he'd still have a lot of offers. He's just better.

#77 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,142 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

Wanted Cam. Got cam.

#78 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 5,073 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

I just compared their combine results.

Kaepernick
40 time- 4.53
10yd split - 1.62
20yd split - 2.63
20yd shuttle - 4.18
3 cone- 6.85
vert - 32.5inch
broad - 9ft 7 inches
wonderlic - 37

Newton
40 time- 4.58
10yd split - 1.58
20yd split - 2.60
20yd shuttle - 4.18
3 cone- 6.92
vert - 35 inches
broad - 10'6 inches
wonderlic - 21

So I guess Kaep only looks quicker than Newton. Probably because he runs so damn goofy lol

Exactly why I said its debatable. It's easy to get a crush on other players when ours is sitting at home, but sometimes the grass just looks greener. It's all about how you water it. That game against Green Bay I could have ran through those holes.

#79 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

I just compared their combine results.

Kaepernick
40 time- 4.53
10yd split - 1.62
20yd split - 2.63
20yd shuttle - 4.18
3 cone- 6.85
vert - 32.5inch
broad - 9ft 7 inches
wonderlic - 37

Newton
40 time- 4.58
10yd split - 1.58
20yd split - 2.60
20yd shuttle - 4.18
3 cone- 6.92
vert - 35 inches
broad - 10'6 inches
wonderlic - 21

So I guess Kaep only looks quicker than Newton. Probably because he runs so damn goofy lol

Ill say it one more time for the people who doesn't know the difference between speed in a 40time and speed on the field.

The 40 yd dash is nothing but running in a straight line. It's all about having the "right technique". Thats why prospects work so hard on how to run a 40 right. People can better their 40 times.

Some players who doesn't have a fast 40 times are much faster on the field. Football speed is different from 40spd.

#80 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

The weights not the issue. If Cam weighed 170 coming out of high school he'd still have a lot of offers. He's just better.

I'm telling you he wouldn't have got a scholarship at UF weight 170. Trust me

Bigger schools look for bigger prospects to compete at a higher level of competition. Just go look at the difference between DI and DII/DII

#81 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 5,073 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

Ill say it one more time for the people who doesn't know the difference between speed in a 40time and speed on the field.

The 40 yd dash is nothing but running in a straight line. It's all about having the "right technique". Thats why prospects work so hard on how to run a 40 right. People can better their 40 times.

Some players who doesn't have a fast 40 times are much faster on the field. Football speed is different from 40spd.

More than just the 40 time we're looking at. Can you deny that Colin runs through a lot of wide open holes? It's easier to accelerate when your not having to dodge tacklers.

#82 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

More than just the 40 time we're looking at. Can you deny that Colin runs through a lot of wide open holes? It's easier to accelerate when your not having to dodge tacklers.

SF has a much better OLINE than Cam, but you're basing your opinion off one game vs GB where Kaep ran through a wide open hole. I'm
Basing my opinion off all the games I seem from Kaep. It's not rocket science to notice that Kaep is a faster player.

Do you think Alex Smith would've look as fast as Kaep on the play vs GB??? Hell no, even though Smith is a mobile QB. That's pretty much what you're saying by saying Kaep looks faster bc of the gaps he gets.

#83 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 5,073 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

SF has a much better OLINE than Cam, but you're basing your opinion off one game vs GB where Kaep ran through a wide open hole. I'm
Basing my opinion off all the games I seem from Kaep. It's not rocket science to notice that Kaep is a faster player.

Do you think Alex Smith would've look as fast as Kaep on the play vs GB??? Hell no, even though Smith is a mobile QB. That's pretty much what you're saying by saying Kaep looks faster bc of the gaps he gets.

Alex smith doesn't help your argument because my argument isn't that Cam is the faster player. My argument is that it isn't as clear cut as you believe. Of course Alex smith wouldn't have looked as fast. I don't put him in the same group as Cam and Colin.

Do I think Cam would look just as fast playing behind that line with a frank gore? Yes I do. I've seen Cam look just as fast when given the opportunity in the open field. Cam is also more elusive.

#84 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

Alex smith doesn't help your argument because my argument isn't that Cam is the faster player. My argument is that it isn't as clear cut as you believe. Of course Alex smith wouldn't have looked as fast. I don't put him in the same group as Cam and Colin.

Do I think Cam would look just as fast playing behind that line with a frank gore? Yes I do. I've seen Cam look just as fast when given the opportunity in the open field. Cam is also more elusive.

Cam is still going to look the same under any other OLINE. What don't you get???

I'm not going to be faster by having a bigger hole.

I'm done. It's laughable .

#85 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 5,073 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

Cam is still going to look the same under any other OLINE. What don't you get???

I'm not going to be faster by having a bigger hole.

I'm done. It's laughable .

No your not magically going to be faster. Wide open holes allows you to accelerate and reach top speeds faster. Dodging defenders tends to slow you down a bit. I'm only saying this because you say he "looks" faster when your watching angles on a tv screen. We pulled the numbers and your he's faster argument doesn't hold up. Their isn't a big difference between the two.

#86 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

No your not magically going to be faster. Wide open holes allows you to accelerate and reach top speeds faster. Dodging defenders tends to slow you down a bit. I'm only saying this because you say he "looks" faster when your watching angles on a tv screen. We pulled the numbers and your he's faster argument doesn't hold up. Their isn't a big difference between the two.

I'm looking at both their speed when running on open field.

It's just funny.

#87 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 5,073 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

It's just funny.

So your saying that Cam isn't in the same tier as Colin as far as speed goes?

#88 Rook35200

Rook35200

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • LocationFremont, CA

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

It's just funny.

I don't understand whats funny. Cam looks every bit as fast if not faster than Kaep on the field too. Remember that 70 yard run Cam had against ATL. Cam is waaay more elusive and has better vision than Kaep. Kaep can't make anybody miss. I haven't seen him juke a defender yet and i've been force fed 49er football out here all year. He's a product of the system. DE crashes down he keeps the ball and runs straight without having to make anyone miss.

I bet you've only seen the GB game and the ESPN highlights of what he does good. I've seen every snap this guy has taken this season. The guy is not all that. Trust me.

#89 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

I don't understand whats funny. Cam looks every bit as fast if not faster than Kaep on the field too. Remember that 70 yard run Cam had against ATL. Cam is waaay more elusive and has better vision than Kaep. Kaep can't make anybody miss. I haven't seen him juke a defender yet and i've been force fed 49er football out here all year. He's a product of the system. DE crashes down he keeps the ball and runs straight without having to make anyone miss.

I bet you've only seen the GB game and the ESPN highlights of what he does good. I've seen every snap this guy has taken this season. The guy is not all that. Trust me.

I'm not the one basing one play vs GB so I'm not the one who saw espn highlights of Kaep. The only game I didn't see from Kaep was his debut game this season. After that, I saw every game.

#90 Rook35200

Rook35200

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • LocationFremont, CA

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

I'm not the one basing one play vs GB so I'm not the one who saw espn highlights of Kaep. The only game I didn't see from Kaep was his debut game this season. After that, I saw every game.

Sure u did...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com