#91 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,685 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

So your saying that Cam isn't in the same tier as Colin as far as speed goes?

Theyre in the same class. Kaep is much faster but not by a huge margin. You making it sound like there's no difference. There's a margin in the comparison of their speed. Trust me. Kaep is a more elusive runner also.

#92 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,685 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

Sure u did...

I know how many games I watch of Kaep bro. Don't tell me I don't know.

They had like 50 games on MNF and SNF alone. Kiddin me??

#93 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,653 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

Theyre in the same class. Kaep is much faster but not by a huge margin. You making it sound like there's no difference. There's a margin in the comparison of their speed. Trust me. Kaep is a more elusive runner also.

Definitely not more elusive. I would like you to give some examples of him making anybody miss I can't think of any. We all know cam can juke em

#94 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,685 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

Definitely not more elusive. I would like you to give some examples of him making anybody miss I can't think of any. We all know cam can juke em

Cam can juke.
Kaep reminds me of Vick in his prime. His burst when he takes off running is scary. Cam doesn't run like Vick and Kaep. He's more Vince young in running style. That's my opinion

Kaep's burst is what separate him from Cam

#95 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 4,074 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

I guess the OP forgot that AJ and Kaepernick would have to play in Charlotte with Rivera, and boy would he/she be in for a surprise when they saw how poor their numbers would be under Rivera and the Panthers 2012 offensive line.

It's easy to look good when you're a one read/zone QB, playing under a good scheme, coaching, Offensive line, running backs, and a good defense, from day one!!

Still an interesting question though.

#96 Rook35200

Rook35200

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • LocationFremont, CA

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

I know how many games I watch of Kaep bro. Don't tell me I don't know.

They had like 50 games on MNF and SNF alone. Kiddin me??

no you're kiddin me dude...I don't care how many games they played on MNF and SNF I know you haven't watched every single snap of every single game they've played this year. unless you're a fan of theirs and you have sunday ticket.

#97 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,685 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

I guess the OP forgot that AJ and Kaepernick would have to play in Charlotte with Rivera, and boy would he/she be in for a surprise when they saw how poor their numbers would be under Rivera and the Panthers 2012 offensive line.

It's easy to look good, when you're a one read/zone QB, playing under a good scheme, coaching, Offensive line, running backs, and a good defense, from day one!!

Still an interesting question though.

I never once said we were going to have another coach. Said all along it was Rivera in this scenario.

Green alone strengthen our WR corps a ton with 89. Kaep is simply another Cam. Option QB that has play making ability that can pass. I believe Kaep and Green wouldve still won 6 gms for us in 2011 with Chud's intelligences. Chud was a beast in 2011 who could've worked out 6 wins with Kaep, Green, Smith, Olsen, etc.

Remember our OLINE was always a strength on this team. Clausen, Cam, the strength was that both of them were going to do well and had the best chance to succeed bc when they came out we had a very good OLINE and great backs.

#98 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,685 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

no you're kiddin me dude...I don't care how many games they played on MNF and SNF I know you haven't watched every single snap of every single game they've played this year. unless you're a fan of theirs and you have sunday ticket.

Newbie, I have Direct TV NFL SUNDAY TICKET. I have the ability to watch football from my iPhone. I'm not struggling to look for my local channel to watch fb on Fox and CBS. OMFG

You, now are kidding me! Wat a douche

#99 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 4,074 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

I never once said we were going to have another coach. Said all along it was Rivera in this scenario.

Green alone strengthen our WR corps a ton with 89. Kaep is simply another Cam. Option QB that has play making ability that can pass. I believe Kaep and Green wouldve still won 6 gms for us in 2011 with Chud's intelligences. Chud was a beast in 2011.

I never said you didn't expect that. I was more commenting on Kaep and AJ on this team.

It's like the RG3 argument. Sure he looks good in a gimmick offense, centered around him, playing off a strong run game. However, you place him on the Panthers with their battered offensive line, and I think Rg3 looks like a very ordinary QB and doesn't put up Cam's numbers this year and the Panther win total.

Now, I'll give you that Kaepernick may be better on this current Panthers team than RG3. He's closer to Cam and the offense he plays in. Nonetheless, we don't know how Kaep would look in Charlotte, cause the San Francisco offense and coaching made a career bumb/bust in Alex Smith a top 5 rated QB and player in the NFC Conference championship game last year. In other words, Kaep may not be what you think he is now, if he played on the Panthers or another team.

So what you're saying is very risky; though like I said, nonetheless a good question.

Ya Dig?

#100 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,653 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

Cam can juke.
Kaep reminds me of Vick in his prime. His burst when he takes off running is scary. Cam doesn't run like Vick and Kaep. He's more Vince young in running style. That's my opinion

Kaep's burst is what separate him from Cam

You just compared Kaep to Vick lol. Vick wasnt just a fast qb. He was one of the fastest if not the fastest in the league. Kaep doesn't have that speed.

#101 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 4,074 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

I'm not sure how much faster Kaepernick is than Cam, if at all.

I think the major difference is, Cam is very probing when he runs. He follows and waits for his blockers, he surveys the field and he's very shifty, and makes people miss tackles.

Kaep, on the other hand is an RG3 type runner, who likes to run straight ahead at full speed most times, almost at an instant. The only thing is: Kaep is a little bigger than RG3, and doesn't allow his reckless sprints to get him clobbered by defenders as much as RG3.

I know Cam was timed at 4.58 at the Combine. But apparently, he got off to some bad starts. I wouldn't be surprised, if Cam is more like a 4.5 (the way he runs away from defenders), and nonetheless, I think Cam's size, shiftiness, plus speed, makes him a better runner than Kaepernick anyway. Kaep is more a straight ahead, speed runner.

I Think in all phases at this stage (as a QB), Kaepernick is a grade or shade below Cam. However, he benefits not having to do nearly as much (or carrying the burden on his shoulders day in day out, the way Cam does/has to). Just look at the fact that Kaep wasn't even ready to start until 9-10 weeks ago (though he played QB in Div I longer than Cam). Can you imagine if he played for the Panthers in 2011 or 2012 from the start of the season?

He would have been a mess, and wouldn't have been coached up nearly as well to the point where he is now. Think about that? Don't forget, Alex Smith, the career bust, was a highly rated passer for that same successful team, before Kaepernick. So what does that tell you about their coaching and scheme over there? It must be very good, thank you.

Now, imagine Kaep out of that system, and playing somewhere else? He may not even starting, or he'd be struggling if he was.

#102 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,685 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

You just compared Kaep to Vick lol. Vick wasnt just a fast qb. He was one of the fastest if not the fastest in the league. Kaep doesn't have that speed.

Their burst is "debatable".

#103 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,259 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

Quick recap of some QBs that have worked under a certain HC

Andrew Luck - Highly touted as best QB prospect since Peyton in Stanford
Alex Smith - Looked decent for the first time in his career after years of being considered a wasted pick
Colin Kaepernick - 2nd year guy with virtually no experience in the league before the season began playing lights out both passing and running at least good enough to earn his team a berth

I think there's a common denominator here

a better question is what would Cam Newton be with Harbaugh as his HC instead of Stoic Ron? You know, the defensive coaching guy who doesn't allow him to audible.

#104 Shaqil915

Shaqil915

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

And Watt wouldn't have been statistically as great as now. He's a 34 lineman, not 43.

What? The season he's had as a 34 DE is insane. I have a hard time believing a guy like that couldn't translate to a 43 with ease. Forgive me if I'm wrong though, I don't really watch the Texans so I don't know if he is moving to OLB on plays as well, but if he did what he did this year as strictly a 34 lineman to say what you said is kind of bonkers.

Watt is the only one I'd consider instead of Cam because he along with a decent safety would pretty much make this D godlike, IMO.

Also, don't know why people are hating on Kaep. Although, i don't think he'd develop here like he has in SF, he's still a big time young QB. Alex Smith could have never had a game like Kaep had last week.

#105 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,411 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

shh. fieryigetpaidtostudyfootballprophet might get mad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com