Photo
- - - - -

Did Belichick skip out on his media press conference?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

Not so easy without those video tapes is it?

I want our SB rematch

#17 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • 9,379 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

He's still a top 3 coach in the NFL. Patriots don't play defense these days. They won't win another Super Bowl unless they start investing more in their defense.

Is there anything in his contract that says he has to do interviews with CBS after the game? The article is lacking, like every other article on PFT.

Idk about that. They play in a weak division, he has Tom Brady, and the AFC fell off particularly with the QB's.

Since spygate....

#18 FireMarshallBill

FireMarshallBill

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

Harbaugh didn't give one after they lost to the Giants last year, and I'm pretty sure that he declined today as well. Talking post-game interview, not presser.

#19 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

He is a terribly sore loser, even after so much success.

If my job were on the line I can understand not wanting to be in front of a camera, but he is not threatened at all. Just do what you are supposed to do.

#20 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:53 AM

Bill Belichick has won three Super Bowls, he doesnt have to do media press conferences if he doesnt want to. C'mon guys.

#21 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,934 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

And this is news worthy because???? It always happens

Now JR doing a Q&A with the media that would be news worthy but this? Nope

#22 BigBoss

BigBoss

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

He actually shook hands and made real classy comments towards Harbrough and he did the presser. So he didn't go speak to some CBS guy right after, oh gosh what a satan worshiper. He doesn't have to, he's not part of CBS. If Cam done something like this, we'd all be like who cares.

#23 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,706 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

Bill Belichick has won three Super Bowls, he doesnt have to do media press conferences if he doesnt want to. C'mon guys.

are you sure?

I thought they were mandated to do some kind of presser following each game

#24 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

Come on guys, be honest. If you were Bill Belichick, would you really give 2 shits about a post game interview after a heart crushing lost in the AFC Championship game? And you'll probably just get asked dumbass questions from the media.

I don't have an issue with it because I'd probably do the same after every loss. Look at Cam's demeanor after every loss. If he wasn't at risk at getting criticized to hell for every little thing he does, I bet he'd probably skip interviews too.

#25 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,534 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

i think he's a prick, but he's one of the best coaches in the league.

he's one of the most adaptable coaches in the league and is able to bring out the best in his players. he consistently has one of the best staffs in the league.

doesn't matter to me what he does with the media. same with anyone else. no one owes them anything.

fwiw and a bit off topic, the sporting news did a poll of over 100 players in the league and asked them who they would least like to play for and belichick received the 3rd most votes. first was tom coughlin. pete carroll was on the list as was jim harbaugh. i think all those guys push their players, but you can't argue with the success of them. one way or another, they get their players to succeed where they might not have before.

#26 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,534 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

Come on guys, be honest. If you were Bill Belichick, would you really give 2 shits about a post game interview after a heart crushing lost in the AFC Championship game? And you'll probably just get asked dumbass questions from the media.

I don't have an issue with it because I'd probably do the same after every loss. Look at Cam's demeanor after every loss. If he wasn't at risk at getting criticized to hell for every little thing he does, I bet he'd probably skip interviews too.

i wish he would.

i hate that the NFL requires that stuff. i know they need to because they need the media to grow, but i don't blame any player or coach for not wanting to talk to those morons that work with the press.

#27 Goondal

Goondal

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,128 posts
  • LocationHighlands Ranch, CO

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

He still did the press conference right? So who cares if he also gives an interview on the field? What profound thing is he going to say that he cannot say at the presser? I am no Belichick fan but I am not going to be critical of him for this, no matter how many CBS guys whine because they did not get their quote.

#28 PiratePanther189

PiratePanther189

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

"Belichick makes it real easy to root against the Patriots"

Damn I love that. Love it when analysts have the gonads to say the damn truth on TV

#29 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,528 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

This is why he has to do the friggin' interviews- because Les Moonves (President of CBS) and Kraft are butt-buddies. As a matter of fact, CBS was doing the game and Moonves was in the owners box with Kraft.

Do you now understand why Simms and Nantz are always fighting over who gets Brady's ballsack first?

Posted Image

And do you now also understand why the Patriots have preferential treatment on TV as well as on the field?

#30 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,998 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

BB is proof, Ron haters, that a terrible game manager can win in the NFL. Seriously, BB is a veteran coach. That clock managment SUCKED. I have noticed it for years-hidden by the fact that his teams usually win.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com