Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Colin Winning The SB

34 posts in this topic

Posted

That may be, and I'm sure we'll hear stories this offseason about how the Panthers should have taken Kaep #1 overall, but seriously, if Cam and Kaepernick swapped teams the niners would still be going to the superbowl and Kaepernick would have netted us 3-5 wins this year.

Kaepernick is a good quarterback, but I think the 49ers are demonstrating with utter clarity just how important good play in the trenches is. Do you see how much time Kaep generally has in the pocket? How well sealed the holes for their runningbacks are? They have one good receiver and an inconsistent tight end and eat up yards week in week out. How anyone thinks us having another WR would do more for our offense than a good Oline is beyond me.

Agreed.

And do you ever notice, that anytime you watch Washington and San Fransisco play, the receivers are so frequently wide open? How often do the Panther receivers get so wide open? How many times do see Cam consistently have to throw through tight windows just to keep drives alive, compared to these guys?

Yes! The play calling and O-Line (either or) for those two teams, just puts Chud and the Panthers to shame.

Don't worry. I think Baltimore is going to win anyway.

Posted

Cam has to win one anyways. I want Kaep to win it

Posted

Colin Kaepernick has 2 carries for 21 yards....

...all he did was show that he can play from the pocket as well as run the ball.

Posted

49's for two reasons:

- I really don't want Flacco to be gifted a SB ring (Trent Dilfer)

- How awesome it would be to see Alex Smith get a ring.. as a backup!

C'mon, Flacco's been balling lately.

He deserves it. LOL.

8 TD 0 INT, and he constantly throws downfield.

I know his receivers and O-Line are excellent. But he's doing this under pressure, on the road as well.

Posted

49's for two reasons:

- I really don't want Flacco to be gifted a SB ring (Trent Dilfer)

- How awesome it would be to see Alex Smith get a ring.. as a backup!

so who's getting the gift here?

PS........I still hate the 9ers. I do thank them for yesterday but that's over.

Posted

I disagree, this is a rather childish way to think.

These quarterbacks should and most certainly will have pressure on them regardless. Kaepernick is a good hard working guy, he deserves whatever sucess he attains. Our time will come one day, hopefully.

1 person likes this

Posted

If you dropped Cam into the 49ers then they'd be even better than they are now. I like Kaepernick and all but you're kidding yourself if you try to say that he wasn't dropped into an absolutely amazing situation.

-QB guru coach

-Riding the bench for a year to learn the system

-Works with the best receiving corps in the NFL

-Has a great defense to help him out

I'm not saying that he isn't talented, I'm just saying that if Alex Smith could get the team to the NFC championship then any actually talented guy was going to excel greatly.

Posted

-QB guru coach

Although I agree with much of your post, the 9'ers don't have anywhere near the best receiving corps in the league. I'm not even sure they are in the top half.

Posted

Although I agree with much of your post, the 9'ers don't have anywhere near the best receiving corps in the league. I'm not even sure they are in the top half.

this.

colin's near pinpoint accurate passing makes the 49ers' recievers look much better than they really are.

Posted

If you dropped Cam into the 49ers then they'd be even better than they are now. I like Kaepernick and all but you're kidding yourself if you try to say that he wasn't dropped into an absolutely amazing situation.

-QB guru coach

I'm not saying that he isn't talented, I'm just saying that if Alex Smith could get the team to the NFC championship then any actually talented guy was going to excel greatly.

Bingo!!

And I'd add an excellent Offensive Line and running game as well.

Even if some may disagree or nit pick with what you said. But the overall spirit of what you wrote is true.

Just being honest, keeping it real here. Kaepernick is certainly talented. And more so than Alex Smith. Agreed. So I don't want to take anything away from him.

Nonetheless, he's helped greatly by the scheme, team and coach that he plays for. We always have to remember (as you pointed out), that Alex Smith, put up a top 5 QB rating, and took this same team to the NFC championship last year.

We can't forget that.