• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,603 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:31 AM

This guy is one of the more skillfully polished receivers in the draft. He has great hands, body control, and has good speed. Good change of direction, and on field awareness. He has great height for a WR but does need to add weight to his frame. In a year or two this kid could be a beast. I'm not sold on Keenan Allen or Terrence Williams...but I like this kid and I think we can grab him in the second round. Here's a link to a highlight video....thoughts?

#2 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:17 AM

Way too fugging skinny. Like dangerously skinny.

Lost all of his speed after the surgery. I use to be a huge justin hunter fan but now I want nothin to do with him.

Look at his teammate Cordarrelle Patterson. He will be the best receiver from this class.

#3 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:29 AM

Hunter is one among several very average WR prospects projected to go in the late 1st/early 2nd round. The only WR's I feel are worth a 1st round pick are Cordarrelle Patterson and Terrance Williams.

#4 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:05 AM

i dont think I would say is has good hands. seen him drop plenty of passes

#5 Panthersguru14

Panthersguru14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:44 AM

Hunter is a beast who had a bad year he didn't lose his speed and if we picked him up I would be perfectly fine with that

#6 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:59 AM

Hunter is a beast who had a bad year he didn't lose his speed and if we picked him up I would be perfectly fine with that

Have you seen tape from his sophomore year? Literally night and day difference between his speed then and now.

If he's in the second round, maybe I'll consider it.

#7 Pejorative Miscreant

Pejorative Miscreant

Cold Ass Honky

• HUDDLER
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:39 AM

The crop of WR this year look very pedestrian to me. I just don't see any of these guys having an impact that would justify the 14th pick. We already have a stable full of WR with "potential" (Gettis, Lafell, Pilares, Adams, Murphy) and I dont think it wise to add another one into the mix.

#8 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,663 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

in Hunter defense, he was coming back off the acl injury so he had to get the confidence back from the injury.yes it was like night and day before and after the tear, but as the season went on he begin to get that speed back and he even started to make moves like he had confidence in the knee. the highlight video showed that, but he would have to work on being physical and making contested catches.if we dont go WR in the 1st, and he is sitting there in the 2nd,i wouldnt mind taking him.

#9 jungleking

jungleking

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

The crop of WR this year look very pedestrian to me. I just don't see any of these guys having an impact that would justify the 14th pick. We already have a stable full of WR with "potential" (Gettis, Lafell, Pilares, Adams, Murphy) and I dont think it wise to add another one into the mix.

LaFell's a pretty established guy who should be on the field. After that, though...Gettis might not be the same after surgery, Pilares hasn't shown anything at all as a route-runner yet, Adams was always iffy as a receiver and has his obvious issues, and Murphy looks like good depth, but not much else. Which of those guys looks like the guy to work with Cam for the rest of his career?

#10 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,603 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

Way too fugging skinny. Like dangerously skinny.

Lost all of his speed after the surgery. I use to be a huge justin hunter fan but now I want nothin to do with him.

Look at his teammate Cordarrelle Patterson. He will be the best receiver from this class.

I know he's skinny. But he's 6'3 and if he can get into an NFL weight room for two years he could be a steal.

#11 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,603 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

I agree with this being a weak WR class. That's why I"m not interested in investing our 1st round pick in a WR who wouldn't be going in the 1st in other years.

#12 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,603 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

in Hunter defense, he was coming back off the acl injury so he had to get the confidence back from the injury.yes it was like night and day before and after the tear, but as the season went on he begin to get that speed back and he even started to make moves like he had confidence in the knee. the highlight video showed that, but he would have to work on being physical and making contested catches.if we dont go WR in the 1st, and he is sitting there in the 2nd,i wouldnt mind taking him.

I agree. This guys does need to get stronger and more physical, and he will. But he's a great route runner and his speed will come back. I like him more then the other 2nd round projections. I'm pretty sure if he stayed his senior year he'd be going round 1.

#13 Pejorative Miscreant

Pejorative Miscreant

Cold Ass Honky

• HUDDLER
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

I know he's skinny. But he's 6'3 and if he can get into an NFL weight room for two years he could be a steal.

Don't they have weight rooms at Tennessee? Using that same logic we should have just put Otah on Jenny Craig. Problem solved.

#14 Pejorative Miscreant

Pejorative Miscreant

Cold Ass Honky

• HUDDLER
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

LaFell's a pretty established guy who should be on the field. After that, though...Gettis might not be the same after surgery, Pilares hasn't shown anything at all as a route-runner yet, Adams was always iffy as a receiver and has his obvious issues, and Murphy looks like good depth, but not much else. Which of those guys looks like the guy to work with Cam for the rest of his career?

I don't think any of them are. At the same time, I also don't think we should use the 14th pick so we can add Hunter's name to the list.

#15 OchoNueve

OchoNueve

for those of you that don't habla espanol...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

DeAndre Hopkins will be the best WR from this class. I know it would be a reach with our 1st round pick, but I would love to have Nuke be the heir apparent to Smitty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com