Justin Hunter WR, Tennessee

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#11 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• LocationCharleston SC
SUPPORTER

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

The crop of WR this year look very pedestrian to me. I just don't see any of these guys having an impact that would justify the 14th pick. We already have a stable full of WR with "potential" (Gettis, Lafell, Pilares, Adams, Murphy) and I dont think it wise to add another one into the mix.

I agree with this being a weak WR class. That's why I"m not interested in investing our 1st round pick in a WR who wouldn't be going in the 1st in other years.

#12 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• LocationCharleston SC
SUPPORTER

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

in Hunter defense, he was coming back off the acl injury so he had to get the confidence back from the injury.yes it was like night and day before and after the tear, but as the season went on he begin to get that speed back and he even started to make moves like he had confidence in the knee. the highlight video showed that, but he would have to work on being physical and making contested catches.if we dont go WR in the 1st, and he is sitting there in the 2nd,i wouldnt mind taking him.

I agree. This guys does need to get stronger and more physical, and he will. But he's a great route runner and his speed will come back. I like him more then the other 2nd round projections. I'm pretty sure if he stayed his senior year he'd be going round 1.

#13 Pejorative Miscreant

Pejorative Miscreant

Cold Ass Honky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

I know he's skinny. But he's 6'3 and if he can get into an NFL weight room for two years he could be a steal.

Don't they have weight rooms at Tennessee? Using that same logic we should have just put Otah on Jenny Craig. Problem solved.

#14 Pejorative Miscreant

Pejorative Miscreant

Cold Ass Honky

HUDDLER

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

LaFell's a pretty established guy who should be on the field. After that, though...Gettis might not be the same after surgery, Pilares hasn't shown anything at all as a route-runner yet, Adams was always iffy as a receiver and has his obvious issues, and Murphy looks like good depth, but not much else. Which of those guys looks like the guy to work with Cam for the rest of his career?

I don't think any of them are. At the same time, I also don't think we should use the 14th pick so we can add Hunter's name to the list.

#15 OchoNueve

OchoNueve

for those of you that don't habla espanol...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationCharlotte
HUDDLER

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

DeAndre Hopkins will be the best WR from this class. I know it would be a reach with our 1st round pick, but I would love to have Nuke be the heir apparent to Smitty.

#16 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• LocationCharleston SC
SUPPORTER

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

Don't they have weight rooms at Tennessee? Using that same logic we should have just put Otah on Jenny Craig. Problem solved.

It has to do with adult development, otherwise you'd see high school football players jump straight into the pros. A 19 or 20 year on a strict weight lifting regimen for 2 or 3 years is not going to be as strong as a 24 year old who's been on a strong weight lifting regimen for 7 or 8 years. Have you ever lifted before? Do you know anything about male physiological development?

#17 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• LocationCharleston SC
SUPPORTER

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

I don't think any of them are. At the same time, I also don't think we should use the 14th pick so we can add Hunter's name to the list.

I said second round....not first. My argument is to not a take any WR in the first but take a look at Hunter in the 2nd.

#18 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• LocationCharleston SC
SUPPORTER

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

DeAndre Hopkins will be the best WR from this class. I know it would be a reach with our 1st round pick, but I would love to have Nuke be the heir apparent to Smitty.

I like Hopkins too, I just think he's gonna be gone by our 2nd pick.

#19 Pejorative Miscreant

Pejorative Miscreant

Cold Ass Honky

HUDDLER

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

Do you know anything about male physiological development?

Really? I will let you be the expert in that...

My point is I do not want to waste a 2nd round pick on someone if the team has to move forward and invest time and energy in as you say "male physiological development" I would rather use it on someone who ran make an immediate impact instead of someone that might flourish a year or two from now after he lifts weights on Mint and Morehead.

#20 Pejorative Miscreant

Pejorative Miscreant

Cold Ass Honky

HUDDLER

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

I said second round....not first. My argument is to not a take any WR in the first but take a look at Hunter in the 2nd.

You did say second. Apologies. My point, however, stays the same. I would not use the 44th (??) pick so we can add yet another WR that has potential.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users