Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When will the falcons learn that simply loading up on top cornerbacks...

21 posts in this topic

Posted

...does not a championship defense make?

Their d-line and linebackers are poop, and a major reason why they choked away another playoff game.

But I'm sure they'll sign another top corner this offseason, maybe that'll be finally the missing piece.

Posted

As long as we sign another RB this year, I don't care.

1 person likes this

Posted

touche!

1 person likes this

Posted

They arent top cornerbacks. Theyve missed the most tackles for any cb duo. Dunta can barely cover.

Posted

they're a house of cards on that defensive line. abraham is going to be 35 on opening day next year and babineaux is 31. those are the two best players on that DL and the falcons are going to be up poo creek unless they find future replacements immediately or they've got talent stashed on their roster that they're grooming to take over for them (they don't). corey peters and vance walker are pretty good rotational guys but peria jerry is circling the drain toward bust status. keep in mind that jerry is a first rounder who was drafted to anchor that line.

biermann is a lot like greg hardy prior to 2012: fan favorite who's due to have a break out season any old time but has yet to do it. he's in year five so i think it's safe to assume that what we've seen is all he's got. there's really nobody else on the falcons' DL that's all that noteworthy.

Posted

There is a reason pass rushers make the big bucks.

Very hard to find good ones.

Posted

There is a reason pass rushers make the big bucks.

Very hard to find good ones.

Which is exactly why I hope we can lock up Hardy to an extension.

Posted

Remember that they tried to sign Charles Johnson and had to settle for ray edwards...

Posted

In any case they did pretty well this season guys

Posted

they have a specific problem stopping other teams on defense. widening the dialogue out to "well they won a bunch of games and made it to the NFC championship game" isn't a counter argument unless somebody is arguing that they didn't win.

Posted

Yeah, but they were never going all the way with glaring holes like that. 29th in run-D is unconscionable. I know it's trite, but some teams are built for the regular season, and some for the postseason.

Posted

Remember that they tried to sign Charles Johnson and had to settle for ray edwards...

it's feasible to say if we didnt outpay for CJ, Atlanta might be in the Super Bowl right now