Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jase

When will the falcons learn that simply loading up on top cornerbacks...

21 posts in this topic

Remember that they tried to sign Charles Johnson and had to settle for ray edwards...

thank god

A great pass rush makes a bad secondary look average to good. A great secondary can make a bad pass rush...well...still look bad.

it's feasible to say if we didnt outpay for CJ, Atlanta might be in the Super Bowl right now

Very true

Falcons defense is pretty old period, most of there starters are getting up in age and havent shown that experience with great play. They are do for a big overhaul soon and dont really have a lot of cap room to fix it faster. That helps us out.

it's feasible to say if we didnt outpay for CJ, Atlanta might be in the Super Bowl right now

Lot of truth to that...overpaying to keep a good player away from your division rival is always a good idea.

they have a specific problem stopping other teams on defense. widening the dialogue out to "well they won a bunch of games and made it to the NFC championship game" isn't a counter argument unless somebody is arguing that they didn't win.

I'd trade seasons with them

Lot of truth to that...overpaying to keep a good player away from your division rival is always a good idea.

I don't think we overpaid. Teams like Buffalo and Chicago did. Now if we would have given CJ a 100 million dollar contract that is another story

I don't think we overpaid. Teams like Buffalo and Chicago did. Now if we would have given CJ a 100 million dollar contract that is another story

i had overpaid at first, but i changed to outpayed because I think CJ has earned his paychecks, especially if you look at production compared to mario or julius and their crazy monies

I'd trade seasons with them

yeah more generic off-topic banter about "wins". fantastic.

yes winning games is pretty cool and fun. back on topic: would you trade defensive lines with them?