#16 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,465 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

It's funny how winning allows you to get away with certain things...

I'm sorry but sliding "spikes up", there's no need for that really

Winning absolutely allows you to get away with more.

In the NBA, it was known as "the Jordan Rules".

Should Brady be fined for the bush league play....absolutely. Just like Cam should have and was fined for his incidents in the Oakland game.

#17 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,655 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

He was just trying to give Ed Reed a high five with his foot like the ninja turtles.

#18 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 7,102 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

I did see the play just didn't see it as that bad. Defenders often try and nail a quarterback as he is sliding. Happened to Cam on a number of occasions. I can see why they feel a need to protect themselves. I don't like Brady at all but I don't see the big deal.

Suh was fined because of stomping the other player earlier in the year and has a bad reputation. Anyone else doing what he did with Schaub wouldn't have been a fine. He really didn't try and hurt Schaub.

If these constant fines for looking at someone the wrong way keep up, lets play flag football instead of tackle football. Did Reed miss any plays?? Was he really hurt? Then what is the big deal???

The point was to simply illustrate the difference in the way the media protrays both players. I personally don't think Suh is a dirty player, nor do I necessarily think Brady is either. I do, however, think that emotions will sometimes get the better part of anyone, including highly paid professional athletes.

Schaub wasn't really hurt, nor did he miss any plays but that didn't stop Suh from catching a fine.

A foot to the groin gets one player a fine and another a pass- it's all a matter of perception.

#19 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 22,000 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

did brady make actual contact? and does he have a history of this? that plays a role in perception as well.

#20 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 16,183 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

I'm ashamed that some of these people claim to share the same fanship as me...

You'll take up for some spoiled, pampered, crybaby, dirty playing dick, but you trash your own franchise QB?

Brady is a huge reason the league has turned into the pussified version we currently watch. STFU.

#21 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 16,183 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

It isn't just winning that allows him to get away with it.

There's also perception. When is the last time you heard a white QB called a "thug"?

But what do you call what he did yesterday? Protecting himself? LOL.

#22 TNPanther

TNPanther

Jimmie Rustler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,121 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

Brady is a back of dicks and I don't like him at all... but this is like Kim Kardashian calling Miley Cyrus a slut.

#23 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 17,048 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

The point was to simply illustrate the difference in the way the media protrays both players. I personally don't think Suh is a dirty player, nor do I necessarily think Brady is either. I do, however, think that emotions will sometimes get the better part of anyone, including highly paid professional athletes.

Schaub wasn't really hurt, nor did he miss any plays but that didn't stop Suh from catching a fine.

A foot to the groin gets one player a fine and another a pass- it's all a matter of perception.

Would agree with you that stars for example are treated much better and quarterbacks are given all the breaks. Unless you are a running quarterback who seem to get treated like a runner and not a QB.
Still I would be cautious if I were Brady pissing off guys on the defense to avoid them taking it out on him when they can get away with it. Or the defense taking the 15 yarder to try and knock him out of the game. Paybacks are hell.......

#24 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,954 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

It was a bush league move. A clear intent to injure a defender. He slid which is like waving the white flag, Ed Reed pulls up and Brady tries to take a cheap shot cleat first. It was cowardly. Everyone says Brady has rings he can do all these things now but he didn't do them when he was actually winning rings.

#25 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,954 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

http://www.carolinah...brady-the-thug/

Posted Image

Notice he flicks his leg at the end to try and get an extra piece of him. It was intentional and no one in the media has the balls to take on the Patriots. The media is full of pussies and its embarrassing.

#26 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 16,183 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

I wish Reed would've landed with his cleat in Brady's throat. What a POS.

#27 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

The NFL and media protect Brady because he is the NFLs golden boy. The NFLs lady boot wearing golden boy

#28 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,954 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

http://profootballta...o-kick-ed-reed/

I finally found a link to something on PFT it's an article posted at 7am this morning. No link to their front page news. If you have a PFT acct go like the comments and send a message that fans care about fair journalism.

#29 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

http://www.carolinah...brady-the-thug/

Posted Image

Notice he flicks his leg at the end to try and get an extra piece of him. It was intentional and no one in the media has the balls to take on the Patriots. The media is full of pussies and its embarrassing.

Imagine if Cam would have done this?! He'd be getting killed by the media right now.

#30 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,916 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

Deliberate move by lady Brady. Gets no media flak. He's on the sideline pouting too and no one points it out or calls him a petulant child. Double standards annoy me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com