Photo
- - - - -

The league's only black OC makes it to the Super Bowl....

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#11 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:36 AM

I know in the rest of the world it is not uncommon to see people who arent white holding positions of power and authority. Business owners, decision makers, strategists. These are all foreign concepts to the NFL where they have to put in a rule forcing themselves to interview people for jobs that arent white. Think about that for a second. Its that bad they have to self police themselves and even then they've done a poor job. The concept of african americans having intelligence and being able to grasp strategy and displaying leadership abilities and deal with adversity is fairly new to the sport as well. The NBA and MLB crossed those bridges decades ago. If the nation moved as slow as the NFL, it'd be another 40 years before we saw a black President.

So by "rest of the world" you mean "america". I guess I shouldn't have expected anything more.

#12 KillerKat

KillerKat

To Hell With Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:53 AM

so if all OCs were black, you wouldn't be saying a thing defending white people would you?

#13 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• LocationBobcat Country
HUDDLER

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:01 PM

so if all OCs were black, you wouldn't be saying a thing defending white people would you?

instead of dealing with unrealistic hypotheticals, how bout we deal with reality. SELF ACTUALIZATION. I know its a scary thing, but we have to do it. The NFL's history of racial bias towards whites in positions of authority isnt debatable. Thats why things like the "Rooney Rule" exist in the first place. There has never been a point in NFL history where every OC was black, hell there's never been a point when you had more than 1 working at a time. There have been years upon years where each and every one of them were white. We've just gotten to the point where its acceptable to believe in a black QB in 2013, 5 years after a black President got elected. Its not about "my defense" its about the NFL's problem. None of these would be issues if the NFL's workforce was majority white (a la Hockey), but that is not the case.

If it makes you feel better, here's a white guy that echoes my same sentiment in an article a few weeks ago....
http://sports.yahoo....-054103279.html

There a white guy said it, so I guess its valid now.

#14 JPPT1974

JPPT1974

St Patty's Day!

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationSeymour TN
HUDDLER

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

Well he should be glad that he is going to the Super Bowl regardless of race or color!

#15 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

From what some friends at Wake Forest have told me, Jim Caldwell is one of the nicest guys in football. A lot of respect for him there, and all are wishing him well in the Superbowl.

#16 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

HUDDLER

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

Peyton Manning did carry Jim Caldwell and the Colts. Much like Peyton Manning carried John Fox and the Broncos this year. Looking at Peyton's history, I don't know how you can argue otherwise.

#17 frash.exe

frash.exe

Freddy Frashbear

HUDDLER

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

The Ravens' system of firing people who aren't pulling their weight works. Lee Evans drops the game winning pass last year in the AFCC? Gone. Billy Cundiff misses the game tying field goal at the same stage? Gone. Cam Cameron's offense sputtering? Gone.

It's a wonder they're now in the Superbowl just one year later. Gee golly how could promoting accountability possibly result in success?

#18 frash.exe

frash.exe

Freddy Frashbear

HUDDLER

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

...but he wont be a head coach in 2013. LMAO. His 3 years in Indy they go to the Super Bowl his 1st year (14-2), wins the division and get bounced in the 1st round his 2nd (10-6). His QB is out the entire season in year 3, and his organization goes in full "tank" mode (2-14). Then he's fired before he's allowed to "inherit" the new franchise face the following year. Dude did not have a job until Cam Cameron was fired in December. Since then Flacco has been tearing it up, the Baltimore O line has played better, and their offense as a whole is making plays and putting up more yards and points per game. Yet most people will still tell you Jim Caldwell sucks and Peyton "choke artist" Manning carried him. The NFL has got to do better man. They are like 40 years behind the rest of the world.

That's mostly because nobody's going to wait over a month to fill in a head coaching position. What Jim Caldwell's contributed after taking a larger role as the OC and helping the offense score their way to at least a SB berth will put him on the radar for head coaching for at least the next few years.

What do you think about Colin K being in the superbowl?

#19 Awesomeness!!

Awesomeness!!

BangBang

• LocationArizona
HUDDLER

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

If every OC was black, people would just say its because it takes smarts to coach defense, yadda yadda yadda

#20 rscott94

rscott94

HUDDLER

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

Why is it always "color this color that"... Damnit people this is why there's still racism in the world because people can not see each other as equals instead we see each other as one color or the other... I'm so dam sick of this ish

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users