Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Higher Taxes may force Phil Mickelson into Retirement

106 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Meh. The guy pays millions in taxes. I can't imagine he's the one we really need to bilk for more money just so the goverment can piss it away.

Posted · Report post

lol

[quote]
Late Monday night, he released a statement apologizing to anyone upset or insulted by those comments.
“I know I have my usual pre-tournament press conference scheduled this week but I feel I need to address the comments I made following the Humana Challenge now,” Mickelson said in the statement.
“I absolutely love what I do. I love and appreciate the game of golf and the people who surround it. I’m as motivated as I’ve ever been to work on my game, to compete and to win championships.
“Right now I’m like many Americans who are trying to understand the new tax laws. I’ve been learning a lot over the last few months and talking with people who are trying to help me make intelligent and informed decisions. I certainly don’t have a definitive plan at this time, but like everyone else I want to make decisions that are best for my future and my family.
“Finances and taxes are a personal matter and I should not have made my opinions on them public. I apologize to those I have upset or insulted and assure you I intend not to let it happen again.”
Mickelson had also said Sunday that his decision not to buy an interest in the Padres was directly related to his financial situation [/quote]

Posted · Report post

RIP Jack Nicholson

Posted · Report post

phil mickelson: randian hero

Posted · Report post

The Government do take a bite, don't she?

Posted · Report post

Damn so ole' Hefty probably can't afford a few extra feet on his next yacht purchase because of Uncle Sam. What a travesty.

Posted · Report post

If you are rich and not doing everything in your power to avoid taxes you are doing it wrong.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Phil needs to get out of California. If I was paying 60% of my income to the govt, I don't care how much I made I would bitch about it too. Would love to see him win a US Open before he does retire though.

Posted · Report post

Perhaps you guys making snide comments about "Hefty" buying a new yacht or Bo-hoo for the poor millionaire golfer may want to read this. I doubt you would be so generous if you had his money.

[url="http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/phil-mickelson-has-quietly-used-his-position-better-lives-wide-variety-people?page=1"]http://www.golf.com/...y-people?page=1[/url]
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Oh no captflouro... don't point that out. Someone might get the impression that Phil's a good guy. Can't have that. He's the evil rich pro golfer.

Posted · Report post

I'm sorry. BOOO! Phil is rich and doesn't want to pay taxes! He's probably an evil Republican who hates everyone!

Posted · Report post

Well poo, Phil is a nice guy? Why should he have to pay any taxes, the warmth of his smile is surely payment enough for all his societal obligations