Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthro

Higher Taxes may force Phil Mickelson into Retirement

105 posts in this topic

Please enlighten us with some links to this. I'm interested. I've met Phil in person. Have you?

Not disagreeing on that count at all.

No link. Just type "Phil Mickelson is" on google and pick any one of those adjectives you feel like

No link. Just type "Phil Mickelson is" on google and pick any one of those adjectives you feel like

Oh, so I'm "Mitt Romney'ing" you, but now you can't provide links... gotcha.

Here... let me help you with that...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080526164508AAnuKvt

the topic is "has anyone had bad experiences with PGA golfers...

I never really had alot of respect for Phil Mickleson until I followed him around in the first round of the PGA Chanpionship last year. It was 100+ degrees in Tulsa that day, and with all the pressure of a Major, and the heat out there, he still had time to joke around with us and engage the fans like he appreciated the fact that we were there. It wasnt the biggest gallery that day, and he acknowleged everyone that was rooting for him that day, with a subtle nod, or smile. He was very gracious and it was fun to watch him, because of that I now root for him in almost every tournament.

My dad and I saw Phil Mickelson walking to the clubhouse at the Memorial. We said, “Good luck Phil” he said, “thanks, thanks for coming out”, with that big smile on his face.

He seemed like a genuine nice guy.

http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/phony-label-doesnt-fit-phil-mickelson

But when I hear people say that Phil Mickelson's a phony, well, I'm not sure I get it.

Here's what I can see about Phil Mickelson: He goes on and on being amiable. He signs autographs. He tips his cap. He is the nation's leading exporter of golf balls to little kids. He says goofy things like "Be right, honey!" when the ball is in the air rather than the more earthy "You suck! G--dammit!" that Tiger shouted on Saturday. He talks about his family. There are a thousand stories about random acts of kindness — a $200 tip here, a $100 purchase at a kid's lemonade stand there — and every now and then word leaks out about him doing something beyond kind, like the way he quietly helped the family of former NFL star Conrad Dobler, who has fallen on hard times both physically and financially. "Our guardian angel," Dobler calls Mickelson.

did you even try what I suggested?

I think a better question is... did you?

He's nice to his fans

When you type "Phil Mickelson is..."

you can choose from... A douche

A jerk

A phony

A scumbag

Etc.

I'd probably start there but since you're his fangirl you probably don't want your fantasy crushed

when you type "bill gates is"

you can choose from...

is evil

is dead

barack obama apparently "is your new bicycle."

and Hitler "is alive."

and dinosaurs are "fake," and "not real."

this is actually pretty fun.

He's nice to his fans

When you type "Phil Mickelson is..."

you can choose from... A douche

A jerk

A phony

A scumbag

Etc.

I'd probably start there but since you're his fangirl you probably don't want your fantasy crushed

Ahh yes, Cantrells protege taking a page out of the "spin and call names" handbook when you get proven wrong.

Thanks for playing.

"Anyone that loudly insists they have won an argument has actually lost it"

-Internet rule #713