It's so common, no one even noticed

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,558 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — A 15-year-old boy remained in custody Sunday night as detectives tried to piece together what led to the shooting of his parents and three of their children who were found dead in a New Mexico home.
The teenager was arrested on murder and other charges in connection with the shootings, which happened Saturday night at the home in a rural area southwest of downtown Albuquerque, said Lt. Sid Covington, a Bernalillo County sheriff's spokesman.
Authorities identified the victims late Sunday as Greg Griego, 51, his wife Sara Griego, 40, and three of their children: a 9-year-old boy, Zephania Griego, and daughters Jael Griego, 5, and Angelina Griego, 2.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2013/01/20/albuquerque-shooting-2013-new-mexico-teenager_n_2516424.html

This happens in other countries all the time, though. Doesn't matter what the statistics say.

#2 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,512 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

No kidding

http://www.lvrj.com/...-187629061.html

#3 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,565 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

Still blaming the tools and never the person.

#4 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,454 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

The very nature of our modern society is, if any product poses a threat to the health or safety of an individual, that product is recalled, modified, redesigned, or restricted by law. No effort is spared to reduce/eliminate the possibility unintended injury or death. That is any product other than firearms. That is strange, because firearms advocates, more than anyone else, should appreciate what these killing tools are capable of and should only want them in the hands of authorized and properly trained owners. At this point anything and everything should be up for discussion in an attempt to reduce the carnage. If firearm advocates do not get out in front of this issue with realistic solutions and tangible results, the problem will eventually be taken out of their hands.

#5 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,515 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

i don't think anyone (with a brain) is blaming the inanimate object. the blame is on the structures that allow these sorts of things to happen with such frequency. identifying a problem and its extensions =/= crediting agency to an inanimate object. i think it's necessary to come to terms with that fact before any kind of rational dialogue can be opened on the subject

#6 Toolbox

Toolbox

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,654 posts
  • Locationnc

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

So what you want is a nanny state??

#7 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,454 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

I am sure three year olds say the same thing when mom prevents them from drinking the drain cleaner.

#8 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,515 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

do you consider mandatory car inspections, registrations, and insurance to be characteristics of a nanny state?

#9 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,916 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

What are the "guns don't kill people" people proposing how to go about this matter?

#10 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,565 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

i don't think anyone (with a brain) is blaming the inanimate object. the blame is on the structures that allow these sorts of things to happen with such frequency. identifying a problem and its extensions =/= crediting agency to an inanimate object. i think it's necessary to come to terms with that fact before any kind of rational dialogue can be opened on the subject

We must read different tinder boxes

#11 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,565 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

What are the "guns don't kill people" people proposing how to go about this matter?

I know this is crazy, but maybe if you have a psycho 15 yr old son you should make sure he can't get to your guns?

Nah fug that, lets ban some poo, that will make it all better and all problems will go away.

#12 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

_RUN FOZZY RUN_

• HUDDLER
  • 17,318 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

Betting this kid was on the same meds Rodeo has pointed out in other threads.

#13 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,565 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

Betting this kid was on the same meds Rodeo has pointed out in other threads.

Obviously being in the same house as a firearm drove him over the edge.

#14 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,916 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

^^^So somebody, Obama I guess, should get behind a podium (and presumably a teleprompter to give neocons some fapping material) and say "don't let your crazy kid get your guns."

Not good enough for me.

#15 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

_RUN FOZZY RUN_

• HUDDLER
  • 17,318 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

Obviously being in the same house as a firearm drove him over the edge.

Well the article did mention there was a semi-automatic military type weapon in the house so yeah.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com