22 replies to this topic

#16 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

WWNPHD?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

We really aren't that young, around middle of the pack actually. Our offense is slightly older than the D as expected.

http://www.nflen.com...-including.html.

take out smitty and or gross, what's the age then? those two guys are skewing that to make the rest of the offense "more experienced" i guess is the best way to put it? our receivers are pups, half our line are pups, and our QB is a pup.

#17 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,222 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

agreed.

harbaugh came in with a win now mentality.

rivera came in with a develop now, win later mentality.

harbaugh was also more prepared for the job.

Harbaugh was also a Head Coach before.....RR had to learn the job.

There is a huge difference in being an coordinator and being a head coach. Some great OC/DC make the jump successfully. Many do not (Dom Capers/Norv Turner, etc).

Jury is still out on RR.....I am willing to give one more season to see how he adapts.

Just like many players, the third year of anythign (coaching included) is usually the make or break year.

#18 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

I thought the same thing. Its not a coincidence both the brothers are in the SB.

Can't do nothing about it though.

#19 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,297 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

Harbaugh was also a Head Coach before.....RR had to learn the job.

There is a huge difference in being an coordinator and being a head coach. Some great OC/DC make the jump successfully. Many do not (Dom Capers/Norv Turner, etc).

Jury is still out on RR.....I am willing to give one more season to see how he adapts.

Just like many players, the third year of anythign (coaching included) is usually the make or break year.

agreed.

harbaugh also spent more time preparing himself to be a HC than rivera.

mentioned elsewhere that after harbaugh's playing career, his whole focus was on learning what he needed to become a head coach. rivera's time spent was on learning how to be a good DC.

#20 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,297 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

I thought the same thing. Its not a coincidence both the brothers are in the SB.

Can't do nothing about it though.

i'm just admiring their successes. spotting harbaugh as a guy who would be successful quickly (not that it was hard for me to do, because it was kind of obvious) and then seeing him achieve is kind of cool. let's me know i was right about something. those moments don't come along enough.

#21 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,566 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

I think that knowing your roster inside and out, while understanding all the nuances of the game are really important.

In the NFL I think that games are won with mismatches, and if you know your roster and the opposing teams very well, you can put your guys in a position to win.

Win and they will follow you, lose and no matter how gung ho you are and you will begin to lose the team.

#22 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

i'm just admiring their successes. spotting harbaugh as a guy who would be successful quickly (not that it was hard for me to do, because it was kind of obvious) and then seeing him achieve is kind of cool. let's me know i was right about something. those moments don't come along enough.

Agree

#23 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

Whoever gives the best head, coach.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com