Photo
- - - - -

The Media and Black Quarterbacks

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#13 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

I am beginning to think that the media criticism of Cam has less to do with him being black than it does with the media's desire to be right when they unfairly and incorrectly belittled him and his accomplishments leading up to the draft.

As far as that pre-draft criticism being racially biased, I think it certainly did play a part. But now, they want him to fail so they can feel smart. Several people lost a lot of credibility and they are trying to get it back.

If Luck wins OROY over Russell and RG3 it will be a travesty and it will further prove that point.

And the fact that Cam doesn't (and still won't) kiss the medias ass, doesn't help as well. That's actually behind some of the more negative, snarky media people seemingly always against him, like Peter King of SI.

However, I do agree (whether it's cause of race, not wanting to be wrong, Alabama, too much Swag Appeal, whatever), that many of the TV people that comment on Cam, appear to have no idea what type of QB he actually is, and more comment on their own perceptions of what they want/think him to be, or Pre-Draft stereotypes. .

#14 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

Stop watching/reading ESPN.