Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warmack vs Fluker

42 posts in this topic

Posted

Bottom line is that I'd trade our OL for Alabama's straight up. Right now. Kalil is the only guy who'd make me hesitate on that statement. Gross is old, Silatolu is raw, Hangartner is a backup, and Bell is also a backup on a good OL.

THIS.

Posted

Big men allow you to compete! What if Gettle tries to get a JPP type in Ezekial Ansah...Sure we have two pass rushers but so did the Giants.

Posted

Giants technically had four.

Spagnoulo started the option there of essentially having four defensive ends on third down.

Posted

THIS.

Which is also exactly why I wouldn't touch an Alabama RB in the 1st round as an NFL GM. Tough to judge a guy who is basically running behind an NFL OL against college defenses. Any good college RB would put up great numbers at Alabama in that offense behind that OL.

Posted

Neither.

Posted

An Alabama lineman blocking for an Auburn quarterback... :unsure:

Posted

Warmack. Add Warmack and the OL then has the potential to be damn good. The move gives some solidity to the right side and allows Gross another year at LT. This obviously changes if we cut Gross, but I don't see it happening. Follow it up the following year by going LT with the 32nd pick if you want.

Bell - Warmack - Kalil - Amini - Gross = Cam on his feet

Posted

If Gettleman decides to cut Gross, Eric Fisher is a guy to watch in the draft. If we go with Fisher, Gross is as good as gone IMO.

Posted

With Fluker I think you're going to get a weird player.

He's a mammoth physical specimen who's strength allows him to be a fantastic run blocker. However his lack of agility means that he's only a solid pass blocker.

He's the type of player a GM/HC have got to take a chance on. He's going to flat out dominate for 90% of the game, but his lack of foot speed and agility means he's going to get dominated for a handful of plays a game.

If you're willing to live with that as a RT then he's your man.

Posted

An Alabama lineman blocking for an Auburn quarterback... :unsure:

Warmack and Cam played in high school together.

Fluker is not worthy, he is a solid player but he will go in the second or late first.

Eric Fisher is the better an more likely pick at 14 if we want a tackle.

And I'm definitely not moving Bell around. I'm trading Gross away and drafting some fresh talent at LT.

Posted

Draft Chance Warmack in the 1st to play RG and cross your finger that Fluker is there at no.44.

Cut Gross and save tons of cap along with Gamble.

Posted

Warmack and Cam played in high school together.

Fluker is not worthy, he is a solid player but he will go in the second or late first.

Eric Fisher is the better an more likely pick at 14 if we want a tackle.

And I'm definitely not moving Bell around. I'm trading Gross away and drafting some fresh talent at LT.

I agree. And not moving Bell anywhere unless of injury and you have to.