Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some Kuechly and Cam bits from our favorite PFW

75 posts in this topic

Posted

1st paragraph.

This isn't "the media" or "PFW" hatin' on Cam

No, it's just the same old sources that PFW went to pre-draft 2011 where they got the old "fake smile" "bad leader" BS.

Anytime they want to take a shot at Cam, all they have to do is go back to that well.

You think the media who got it wrong dislike Cam? What do you think SCOUTS whose job it (supposedly) is to evaluate players who got it completely and utterly wrong feel? Forgiving?

Posted

The only problem is the ones who talk the most likely know the least.

Also what does NFL scout mean?? I watch games pretty closely and try to form opinions on players and teams. Does that make me an NFL scout?

I bet you $100 these are not all guys that are employed by NFL teams and he is talking to draftniks that are technically NFL scouts.

Bet away, but you may wanna read the article heading again...

The following quotes are from NFL scouts, coaches and front-office personnel, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

The notion that there's some ongoing conspiracy by media guys to make him look bad is silly.

There are people in the league who don't like Newton.

So what?

Posted

if the coaching staff can ever get this team respectable and winning again then the opinion others have of cam will change.

i expect, tho, that there will always be detractors and that's fine with me. the more the better. i want him hated but i also want him to be so good that his haters are always having to make excuses why he's so good...kind of like pffl did with him and fieryprophet is doing with jim harbaugh and what i did with belichick and brady for so long.

Posted

Cam needs to prove he's a leader...win big games and people will think you're a leader. Fail to do it and you'll be Mike Vick.

Posted

how can someone who watched cam play his way out of a terrible funk this season say that he's a front runner who only makes bad situations worse? shouldn't we have gone 0-16 then?

1 person likes this

Posted

Cam needs to prove he's a leader...win big games and people will think you're a leader. Fail to do it and you'll be Mike Vick.

except vick "won big games" plenty of times in his career.

the falcon teams he quarterbacked were nowhere near as stacked as atlanta's right now yet vick's teams won a lot more in the playoffs.

Posted

how can someone who watched cam play his way out of a terrible funk this season and say that he's a front runner who only makes bad situations worse? shouldn't we have gone 0-16 then?

No guarantee it's someone who watched every Panther game.

Posted

Or an Alabama alum.

Teehee

Posted

LOL, Cam is a front runner?

He finished the season as one of the best QB's in the league coming off a losing record.

Posted

i wouldn't be a bit surprised if it was from a legit NFL exec. and i expect it was.

not all of them feel the same way about players. some execs like newton, others don't...but that's not a big deal because the same is said for most QBs in the league. aside from maybe brady, rodgers, and brees i'm sure they all have their detractors.

doesn't really matter though. no reason for panties to be all wadded up.

Believe it or not.

NFL teams were not nearly in disagreement on Cam as the TV folks wanted us to believe.

Everyone knew about Cam's talent and potential. The questions were his character and his pro readiness. And to be quite honest; just like the Panthers did, NFL teams and legitimate scouting service, found out quite easily and quickly that Cam was a leader, a hard worker, was liked every where he played --by both coaches and players, mostly ran when he had to/stayed in the pocket, and made Pro Throws, even in his spread offense at Auburn. That wasn't hard to find out, really.

All the alleged uncertainty we heard from the ESPN's (i.e. TV talking heads), etc., were just to create drama and uncertainly for the draft (even though Mel Kiper himself, who doesn't research players like teams, declared Cam the top picks, weeks in advance, when he realized NFL teams felt the same), or being fed dis-information from NFL teams, hoping to draft Cam (but knowing the Panthers would scoop him up with the 1st pick). It really wasn't close.

We were sold a bill of goods, actually. It was the loud, but wrong 'Chattering Class (trying to create drama and uncertainty with an easy target); vs the silent but correct and positive NFL types on that player, who did the actual research. That's why so many were so wrong, and still can't get over it.

I qualify/reckon, this as more chattering class nonsense.

Posted

The notion that there's some ongoing conspiracy by media guys to make him look bad is silly.

Conspiracy? No. They just pander to the audience that wants to read about how he is morally deficient.

A conspiracy would require actual hard work.

Posted

the whole wins = respect argument is driven home by kaepernick kissing his biceps and subsequently getting praised for his leadership.