74 replies to this topic

#61 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,971 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

pfw is better than espn and a lot of places out there. doesn't make them infallible, just better.

i follow them the way i follow everything else...eat the meat, spit out the bones.

I shoud read more of them, I honestly haven't.

#62 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,541 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

Bingo!!

I don't have a problem when a so called "analyst or broadcaster" has a differing opinion on player. My problem is, when they offer these opinions (especially when they're wildly off), when it's obvious they haven't done the research, have a fundamental understanding or actually watched the player or team.

From that point on, you can just ignore the rest of what they say. This happens, waaaay to often in the business. And that's why you have to take a lot of what these people say with a grain of salt. It happens.

those are meant to be off the cuff statements made by industry people. it's not a newton smear agenda.

he's not even talked about all that much.

it was just one little blurb made by someone talking about kaepernick. nothing more to read into it than that. it's not what people are making it out to be.

#63 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

those are meant to be off the cuff statements made by industry people. it's not a newton smear agenda.

he's not even talked about all that much.

it was just one little blurb made by someone talking about kaepernick. nothing more to read into it than that. it's not what people are making it out to be.

I'm waaaaaaay off Newton here. I'm not even talking about him anymore. I already commented on the article and moved on.

I'm talking about many of the people on NFL Network and ESPN--in general (for example), who readily offer their opinion.

Many people take what these people say as the Gospel, when so many are less informed (at least about certain teams, coaches and players) than many here even. However, it's not always their job to know what they're talking about (that's an individual decision). But it is their job to offer an opinion, provide entertainment or create chatter.

Trust me, I'm well aware how the business is (though I appreciate it). ;)

#64 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,971 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

It reminds me of that former 'Aints FB on NFLN who was debating with i think Champ Bailey and was saying that Chip Kelly wouldn't make a good coach because he didn't win a National Championship. The other dude (Champ I think) was like the, "THE DUDE WENT 46-7, after YEARS of mediocrity," and the baldheaded meathead was like, "yea he wont make a good coach though cause his defense was poo and he didn't win a national championship." He was legitimately getting mad. It's pretty much like a drunken conversation someone would have when you are so drunk that you are rambling utter nonsense. It is the NFL network for christ sake.

#65 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

It reminds me of that former 'Aints FB on NFLN who was debating with i think Champ Bailey and was saying that Chip Kelly wouldn't make a good coach because he didn't win a National Championship. The other dude (Champ I think) was like the, "THE DUDE WENT 46-7, after YEARS of mediocrity," and the baldheaded meathead was like, "yea he wont make a good coach though cause his defense was poo and he didn't win a national championship." He was legitimately getting mad. It's pretty much like a drunken conversation someone would have when you are so drunk that you are rambling utter nonsense. It is the NFL network for christ sake.

Yeah, I think you're talking about Heath Evan's.

He's used to play at Auburn, I think to, as well.

#66 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,971 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

Yeah, I think you're talking about Heath Evan's.

He's used to play at Auburn, I think to, as well.

Yep, that's the guy, I try not to remember former Saints players names as much as possible. Especially loudmouth fullbacks

#67 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

For the people arguing with me last night about who's faster, read OP.

Lol you were wrong then, your still wrong now, now you just have someone to be wrong with.

#68 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,681 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

Was someone actually arguing that Cam was faster than Squidward?

Edit: I mean, I'm not looking up times but it seems pretty fuging obvious that Cam is slower. Bigger and has a better arm, but definitely slower.

Yup, AceBoogie and Rook35200 were saying so

#69 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,681 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

Was someone actually arguing that Cam was faster than Squidward?

Edit: I mean, I'm not looking up times but it seems pretty fuging obvious that Cam is slower. Bigger and has a better arm, but definitely slower.

Double post

#70 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,681 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

If he is faster than Cam, it is barely... plus Cam is twice as strong, and much harder to bring down.

Cam opened the door, so that guys like Keapernick(sp) could even get a chance.

Hey I love Cam but cmon man give another player some credits.

We're not arguing who's stronger or harder to bring down. What does that even have to do with speed? Kaep is a much faster player than Cam and his burst, first step is faster.

Now, you go and tell me that Cam is the reason why people opened the door for a player like Kaep. You gotta be JOKIN!!!! Both of them were drafted in the same year bro!!! It's guys like Warren Moon, Steve McNair, Culpepper, and Vick who opened the door for guys like Cam, Kaep, Wilson and RGIII.

#71 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

I love cam to death. Only player who I like more than Kaep... But I can't say I don't get this feeling...

#72 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

No, it's just the same old sources that PFW went to pre-draft 2011 where they got the old "fake smile" "bad leader" BS.

Anytime they want to take a shot at Cam, all they have to do is go back to that well.

fyi i've got a source that says that, coincidentally, every defender of pfw's style of "journalism" is in fact a pedophile

surely the posters in this thread that i am referring to won't see anything problematic with hiding behind anonymous sources, particularly when we have compelling evidence to show that cam isn't a "frontrunner" and yet a complete lack of evidence dispelling the rumors that these people are pedophiles

#73 ShutDwn

ShutDwn

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

LOL being on a veteran team can sure make you look gooooooooooodddddd

LOL being behind a line with three first rounders makes you look gooooooooooodddddd

LOL he didn't even look as good as Cam did against the Falcons

LOL throwing to Vernon Davis all day made Alex Smith look gooooooodddddddd

...good for Luke.

#74 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,631 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

except vick "won big games" plenty of times in his career.

the falcon teams he quarterbacked were nowhere near as stacked as atlanta's right now yet vick's teams won a lot more in the playoffs.

I think Vick got to the NFCC one time? Where were the "big wins?"

Bottom line is that Cam has probably more "talent" than any QB in NFL history. There has never been a QB in this league who has had his combo of mobility, arm strength, size, and touch. He has all the tools and more to be a winning QB. The problem is that he hasn't won big games. He hasn't even won small games. We can all agree that football is a team sport and you can only win as big as your team allows you as a QB. However, that's not the way the average fan/media sees it. They see it as if you are an elite QB, then you win.

Cam needs to WIN next year. What kind of stats does Ben Roethlisberger put up every year? Typically top 10 but not Brady or Manning stats. But he comes up big in clutch situations and gets his team to a lot of Ws and the playoffs just about every year (probably a little better than every other). Cam needs those moments...then people will say he is great.

A lot of Cam's greatness in the future is on Gettlemen too. He has to find players that will elevate this team and allow us to win games b/c Cam can play as a top 5 QB all year...but if there aren't players to do their part then it will be the same old crap.

#75 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,338 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2013/01/20/insider-kaepernick-faster-than-any-other-nfl-qb

Prove the haters wrong Cam!

Cam will never be able to prove those who want to undermine his every move wrong. If they know the BS they're pushing is automatically believed without much questioning, they will continue to push it. One should realize by now that barely anything coming from our sports media is based in reality and truthfulness.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com