• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#91 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationCharlotte
HUDDLER

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:35 AM

I'll give you that, but thats where we judge differently the majority or Jones buckets are lay ups the majority of Berry are usually shooting which is one of the reasons I like Berry more.

To answer your bet I would bet against Berry following just for the fact I could easily see Justin Jackson getting into the top 10 so something I would be happy to see because its Justin Jackson that would arguebably lose me the bet on Berry. I think out of any of the players that will fall that committed is Pinson.

Come on man, that's not even close to true.

Jones: 3point attempts 57, 3point made 26

Berry:  3point attempts 28, 3point made 12

#92 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• LocationCharlotte
HUDDLER

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:37 AM

It is what it is. You like Jones, I like Berry. Only time will tell as their careers start to develop will we really know.

But see that is where you are missing the point, it's not that I like Jones more it's that right now Jones is a better player then Berry in every major category. It's not about liking, it's about being objective.

#93 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• LocationLexington, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:21 AM

Let's make a bet, I say that he drops in the rankings and you say he goes up, I have season tickets to the Panthers and I will put up a ticket to a game of your choice if he goes up in the standings by August 15th.  What would you like to put up against it?  You can also choose the recruiting site we use to determine the rankings.

Also I don't think you can say Berry dominated Jones in that game.  Jones has nobody on his team and has to do it all.  Berry has Grayson Allen(Duke commit) on his team and he was the best player on the floor that night.  Allen's line: 6/8 from the floor, 2/2 from 3, 3/3 from the line, 17 points, 4 rebs, 4 assists, and 0 TO's.  

totals from EYBL:

Tyus Jones: 102, 36-57, 8-16, 22-24, 7 rbs, 20 asts, 9 tos, 13 stls: 25.5 PPG, 63% FG, 50% 3FG, 92% FT, 5 APG, 3.3 SPG.

Grayson Allen: 73, 23-34, 8-11, 19-22, 14 rbs, 12 asts, 2 tos, 5 stls : 18.3PPG, 68% FG, 73% 3FG, 87% FT, 3.5 RPG, 3.0 APG, 6.0 A:TO, 1.3 SPG

Joel Berry: 33, 14-26, 1-2, 4-4, 9 rbs, 23 asts, 7 tos, 6 stls

That's awful tempting because the tickets sound nice, but I really don't got anything to put up against them.  I was just messing with you dominating sense he's likely a Duke recruit, but Berry did whip him up a bit in that game. 

Unless he get's injured, I don't see him dropping. Of all the guys UNC has recruited right now, I think Jackson has the biggest chance of dropping. Not by much, but he could drop 3-4 spots. 

#94 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• LocationCharlotte
HUDDLER

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:27 AM

That's awful tempting because the tickets sound nice, but I really don't got anything to put up against them.  I was just messing with you dominating sense he's likely a Duke recruit, but Berry did whip him up a bit in that game. 

Unless he get's injured, I don't see him dropping. Of all the guys UNC has recruited right now, I think Jackson has the biggest chance of dropping. Not by much, but he could drop 3-4 spots. 

This is the thing for some reason a lot of these guys that commit early tend to drop.  Here are just a few LJ Rose, Perry Ellis, JP Tokoto, Nate Britt, Isaiah Hicks, and Ish Wainwright.  There is some kind of correlation between the two, hell Karl Towns was the #1 player in 2014, he commits and is now down to #8.

#95 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

HUDDLER

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:05 PM

This is the thing for some reason a lot of these guys that commit early tend to drop.  Here are just a few LJ Rose, Perry Ellis, JP Tokoto, Nate Britt, Isaiah Hicks, and Ish Wainwright.  There is some kind of correlation between the two, hell Karl Towns was the #1 player in 2014, he commits and is now down to #8.

I really hate this about the rankings. He's the #1 player or he isn't. He commits early and he's #8? Just trying to create more news.

#96 4Corners

4Corners

2014 Huddle Poster of the Year.

• Location704
HUDDLER

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:10 PM

BCD is correct about players who commit early dropping.

It's a frugal argument though. We got an elite prospect and whether he drops down a few spots it doesn't matter b/c he is off the market.

#97 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• LocationLexington, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:41 PM

If he drops, ehh oh well. This class is a bit weird though in that like 7 of the top 20 have committed already. Jones, Winslow and Okafor are close to committing to Duke. At least Jones and Winslow are from what I'm hearing, I'd expect based on rumors that Okafor would follow them. Though I guess there's a chance he does go Arizona. 

A few other's outside of the top 20 are waiting on what a few inside the top 20 are going to do. Like UNC waiting for either Vaughn to commit or eliminate them so they can offer Hill. 

So unless they drop like 10 of the top 20 down, I don't expect a ton of movement. 

#98 4Corners

4Corners

2014 Huddle Poster of the Year.

• Location704
HUDDLER

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:56 PM

Yeah if he drops who gives a poo. Dude can play at a high level and we got him. Go and look at the teams who were recruiting him.

#99 SevyDamus

SevyDamus

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:50 PM

Rankings are in know way the best evaluator in my mind it helps don't get me wrong, because some individual you just know after a certain # their all pretty much just bundled up.

So let me ask my fellow forumers do you think by getting Jones, Winslow oh & we can't forget the biggest groupie I've ever seen Okafor.

That it could have any effect in a positive way of helping us land Vaughn???

#100 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• LocationLexington, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:01 PM

Rankings are in know way the best evaluator in my mind it helps don't get me wrong, because some individual you just know after a certain # their all pretty much just bundled up.

So let me ask my fellow forumers do you think by getting Jones, Winslow oh & we can't forget the biggest groupie I've ever seen Okafor.

That it could have any effect in a positive way of helping us land Vaughn???

As I've said a few times, it seems that Vaughn still wants to go to Carolina. However if he doesn't Hill has said some interesting things about waiting on Carolina to offer him. So I think either way one of those two ends up at UNC. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users