• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#46 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,409 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

Jabari is a ridiculous prospect and if I remember correctly Cook played quite a bit of AAU games before his injury. I'm not saying they didn't deserve the drops, I'll reserve judgement for once there at Carolina for that. What I'm saying is that the prospect rankings are screwed up to begin with and too much stock is put into AAU play initially. You don't play in AAU over the summer and a prospect can expect to drop 20 spots easily, then you miss your senior season on top of that. I mean it's been over a year since someone's seen Britt play day in day out/ weekly. I was fully expecting him to drop out of the top 100 because of that.

I mean he was borderline 4 star after his Junior season anyways, add an injury to that. Bam! 3 star prospect and not in the top 100 anymore. I'm more worried about his knee then I am his prospect rankings, I fully expect him to be able to come in and play well in Roy's up tempo style of play. Same for Hicks, the up temp style fits his game really well. Really worried about how Meeks will fit in though, he's more a really big 3 with 5 man skills and size. lol.

Not sure how much AAU Cook played but he hurt his knee in the Boost mobile Elite 24 game and pretty much played injured when he did make it back to Oak Hill. He was still injured when he got to Duke the next summer so they shut him down and he didn't travel with them to China for the exhibition games.

You seem like a reasonable unc fan so let me ask you are you happy with roy's recruiting as of late? Do you think roy straps his cart to these guys too early? If I were a unc fan I would not be happy with the class that came in this year or the one coming in next year, unless he could pull Wiggins in. Like I said in an earlier post the class of 2014 Jones, and Okafor are practically joined at the hip and want to play college ball together which means unc would lose out on them both. My brother in law is on the staff at Wesleyan and says that Theo Pinson wants to play with Jones and Okafor as well since they all took their visits to Duke and unc together.

#47 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 10,756 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

Not sure how much AAU Cook played but he hurt his knee in the Boost mobile Elite 24 game and pretty much played injured when he did make it back to Oak Hill. He was still injured when he got to Duke the next summer so they shut him down and he didn't travel with them to China for the exhibition games.

You seem like a reasonable unc fan so let me ask you are you happy with roy's recruiting as of late? Do you think roy straps his cart to these guys too early? If I were a unc fan I would not be happy with the class that came in this year or the one coming in next year, unless he could pull Wiggins in. Like I said in an earlier post the class of 2014 Jones, and Okafor are practically joined at the hip and want to play college ball together which means unc would lose out on them both. My brother in law is on the staff at Wesleyan and says that Theo Pinson wants to play with Jones and Okafor as well since they all took their visits to Duke and unc together.

I still think Carolina will nab one of the High ranked SF's in the 14 class. Either Pinson, Jackson, Lindsey or Winslow. I'd prefer either Pinson or Jackson but that's just me. UNC also still has a shot at getting Lyles as well. While I'm pretty sure that Jones is out of the question. I don't believe it's a done deal yet with Okafor. Okafor has said he wants to try and play with Jones, but it isn't a definite thing. He's also got about 10 more schools on his list then Jones as well. This year's class was always predicated on if he landed Wiggins or not, IMO. If not it's a down class probably ranked in the 20's overall, if he lands Wiggins it's a top 5 class.

I'm not disappointed at all in the 13 or 14 classes, what I'm disappointed in is that Roy since he's gotten to UNC is recruiting ahead of his needs very well and it seems to be a cycle with him here. Decent for 1 season, good with a possibility of greatness for 2 seasons, then back to decent/NIT type of team. Just not a consistently good-great team in Carolina with him, not that I'm complaining if he wins a NT or makes deep tourney runs every 3-4 seasons. I'd just prefer the team be really good consistently. My only knock on him, is that he must know at this point in his career that he needs a high caliber point guard to run his system and yet knowing that he was loosing Marshall he didn't really go out and get one to replace him.... ????

Edit: As for him recruiting early, yes he does. Sometimes it's going to help him out, other's it's going to blow up in his face. JP falling from the number one player in his class to where he did being one of those instances of it blowing up in his face. I still think JP ends up being the best player from that class though in the long run, just needs to work on his Bball skills.

#48 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationUNC Chapel Hill & Wilmington

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:52 PM

Saw a recruit at the game today I believe. No idea who he was though. Whoever it was chose a good game to check out. We got hyped up in the Dome!!

#49 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 10,756 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:40 PM

Hicks 5 star pf UNC commit was behind the bench.

#50 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 19,995 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:22 PM

Joel Berry and Each 1 Teach 98 played Tyus Jones and Howard Pulley 70 a few days ago and Berry and E1T1 came out on top.

E1T1 won fairly easy 98-70

Joel Berry (26 minutes): 10 points, 11 assists, 4 rebounds, 4 steals, 3 turnovers 

Tyus Jones (28 minutes): 18 points, 4 assists, 2 rebounds, 3 steals, 5 turnovers

Looks like Berry held his own.

#51 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 19,995 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:31 PM

I forgot to mention Rashad Vaughn (the 9th ranked player in the 2014 class) was court-side cheering for Berry.

If the Heels can snag Vaughn that woulld be a hell of class...

PG: Joel Berry

SG: Rashad Vaughn

SF: Justin Jackson

not bad...

#52 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,409 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:39 AM

Joel Berry and Each 1 Teach 98 played Tyus Jones and Howard Pulley 70 a few days ago and Berry and E1T1 came out on top.

E1T1 won fairly easy 98-70

Joel Berry (26 minutes): 10 points, 11 assists, 4 rebounds, 4 steals, 3 turnovers
Tyus Jones (28 minutes): 18 points, 4 assists, 2 rebounds, 3 steals, 5 turnovers

Looks like Berry held his own.

How many of Berry's assists were to Grayson Allen? He had 17 points for E1T1 in that game.

#53 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 19,995 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:55 AM

How many of Berry's assists were to Grayson Allen? He had 17 points for E1T1 in that game.

Not sure, clearly E1T1 is the better team; I'll have to check up on that.

#54 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,409 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:11 PM

Not sure, clearly E1T1 is the better team; I'll have to check up on that.

@BlueDevilLair: RT @BeHoff21 @GraysonJAllen great weekend!! 18.3 ppg on 8.5 shots a game, 6:1 assist to TO ratio #efficient

#55 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,409 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:12 PM

@BlueDevilLair: #Duke commit Grayson Allen's (@GraysonJAllen) stats from #EYBL Session 3: 18.3PPG, 68% FG, 73% 3FG, 87% FT, 3.5RPG, 3.0APG, 6.0 A:TO, 1.3SPG

#56 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,409 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

@BlueDevilLair: #Duke target Tyus Jones' (@Tyusjones06) stats for #EYBL Session #3: 25.5 PPG, 63% FG, 50% 3FG, 92% FT, 5.0 APG, 3.3 SPG.

#57 SevyDamus

SevyDamus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:43 PM

Congrats on signing ANOTHER middle of the road point guard. I have a feeling he will drop in the rankings like JP Tokoto did and the heels will have a log jam of pretty good PG's.

You have no clue what your talking about BigCat... We actually just landed the best PG in the class do sum research before you start spewing all that BS. Berry is a beast & will be a star for UNC leading us back to a title mark my words.

#58 4Corners

4Corners

Trill Laimbeer

• HUDDLER
  • 13,370 posts
  • Location704

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:06 PM

You have no clue what your talking about BigCat... We actually just landed the best PG in the class do sum research before you start spewing all that BS. Berry is a beast & will be a star for UNC leading us back to a title mark my words.

He's a moron who probably went home and smacked his wife around after they got Pinson. His cousin has an uncle who had a college room mate who knows some one who coaches there, so he should of seem it coming.

#59 SevyDamus

SevyDamus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:04 AM

Seems like it. If anyone has doubts about Berry just watch his highlights their mostly of him shooting the ball or finishing through contact. Tyrus Jones is solid dont get me wrong, but his highlights are pretty much layups. Berry has the best all around game of any PG in 2014.

#60 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,409 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:35 AM

Who are you?  First off learn how to spell, 2nd you need to do SOME research if you think Berry is the best PG in the class.  He is ranked behind Jones, Mudiay, and Lyle so tell me again how Berry is the best?  Is this because you say he is the best?  Do rankings not matter or are you that good of a talent evaluator?  You seem to be like other unc fans(mrtrd) who don't actually have any facts to back up your statements. unc logic!!!!!! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.