#1 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,218 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

Nothing like good ole fashion Pacific RIm fun.

http://finance.yahoo...-120018131.html

“Japan’s desire to fire tracer warning shots as a way of frightening the Chinese is nothing but a joke that shows the stupidity, cruelty and failure to understand their own limitations,” Maj. Gen. Peng Guangqian of the Chinese Academy of Military Sciences was quoted saying by the China News Service and other state media

#2 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

China is not a threat... as many here tell me.

Japan is our ally. Even if tensions were strained with the Japanese, we would still never let Japan's strategic position on the Pacific Rim to be endangered by an un-allied force.

President Obama has said for months that we are refocusing some of our military strength to the Pacific.

I have friends in Japan, both American and Japanese.

#3 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,318 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

More arguments over the Spratly Islands. Fish and Oil. Or oily fish. :)

#4 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

They are in desperate need of both.

They used to buy oil from Iran, but I think they mainly rely on Russia because they have a consumption rate of oil usage/oil production that is even more of a deficit than America;s oil problem. They use a higher percentage of foreign resources, and would really like to get their hands on more any way that they can.

Also, fish is a big deal when you live within 2000 miles of 3 billion people.

You know I just like playing devils advocate with ya Deac.

#5 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,318 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

No doubt the Spratlys are an important issue for the region. I don't deny that. But all the countries in the region have been making noise about the spratlys for 30 plus years. And fwiw, how much if any oil is in the spratlys is just a guess right now. No one has ever confirmed how much is there. And ironically, if they did start drilling for oil, they might hurt fishing in the area.

Also, its ironic that if all the countries that have claims to the area would come to some sort of agreement to share the islands, they would all be better off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.