• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,004 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

If Cams agent did this it would be breaking news on ESPN with lol hash tags

Stupid is as stupid does I guess.

Bus Cook apparently doesn’t read PFT.
Cook represents Seahawks quarterbackRussell Wilson. And Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports that an unnamed representative of Wilson (i.e., Cook or someone who works for him) called the Seahawks this week “insisting that something be done” to adjust Wilson’s slotted third-round rookie contract.
Something definitely will be done. In two years.
As we’ve mentioned plenty of times (and specifically in relation to Wilson), the new CBA prevents rookie contracts from being renegotiated until three of the mandatory four years have been completed. While Mort gives Cook an escape hatch by suggesting that the call may have been placed in jest, it’s a joke that the statement was even uttered to the Seahawks.

http://profootballta...r-new-contract/

#2 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 4,872 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

To be fair, Wilson will be criminally underpaid for the rest of his rookie deal.

#3 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 11,402 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

who cares? Why do we have to always make everything about Cam and why do we post things in the Panthers forum that should be in the NFL Central forum?

#4 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• HUDDLER
  • 12,004 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

I wish I didn't quote and link PFT but I believe they reported it 1st and now it's being reported by most sporting news sites

#5 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

To be fair, Wilson will be criminally underpaid for the rest of his rookie deal.

This. I'm not even a Wolfpack fan.

#6 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,395 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

Cam is making millions though...

#7 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

who cares? Why do we have to always make everything about Cam and why do we post things in the Panthers forum that should be in the NFL Central forum?

Offseason. Not too much Panthers news in the offseason.

#8 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• HUDDLER
  • 12,004 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

3 million dollars is what Wilson will make compare that to what his back up is making, yes it's criminal

#9 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 3,605 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

Then he should be pissed at the NFLPA for agreeing to the new rookie wage scale that ties him to that contract. Nothing the Seahawks can do about it.

#10 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,989 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

Well, of course the media would react differently if it was Cam. Cam didn't make the playoffs.

#11 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 4,872 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

Then he should be pissed at the NFLPA for agreeing to the new rookie wage scale that ties him to that contract. Nothing the Seahawks can do about it.

True, but it's much better than the old system. I'd hate to be having cap discussions regarding Cam.

#12 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

Not buying it. Cook is no idiot. He knows the new agreement does not allow it, so unless he is prepared to take on the league in court, there is no way it can happen.

It think it's ESPN being ESPN.

#13 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 3,605 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

True, but it's much better than the old system. I'd hate to be having cap discussions regarding Cam.

Oh, no doubt. Sucks for guys like Wilson, but under the old system, Cam Newton would be making Sam Bradford money and our cap situation would be far more fuged than it already is.

Wilson should blame mom and dad. If he was 6'3" he would've been a 1st round pick.

#14 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,106 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

Wilson is doing a heck of a job to ensure his second contract is the one that breaks the bank. That is what the rookie payscale does across the board. Guys are all playing for the second contract. Guys in the first round get paid pretty well the first time around as well but nothing like they will, if they produce like Wilson did this year. And guys like Wilson who were happy to be there at the beginning and now find themselves as the starting quarterback, are living their dream come true, Sure the money matters, but if they are patient and consistent they will get the huge payday which is the desire of every player. I think he can wait 2 more years.

#15 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

Russel Wilson is one of the best players Wisconsin has ever produced, he will deserve that fat 2nd contract.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.