Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senior bowl thread

153 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I want to see Warford vs Jenkins and Warford vs Kawann Short.. great NT and a great UT prospect. I think Warford could handle both.

Posted · Report post

^^me too, dude is laid back and comfortble.......i dont believe hes that far off from warmack and i dont believe hes gonna last until the second round......

i should mention though that i read jenkins beat chance warmack for a sack in that championship game.. so it would be interesting......

Posted · Report post

I have Short as our second round pick in my pre combine mock. Not sure why some don't care for him.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Swaggasaurus' timestamp='1358911039' post='2111342']
I have Short as our second round pick in my pre combine mock. Not sure why some don't care for him.
[/quote]

UT is not a major need. We need alot of help / upgrading on the OL and WR positions

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Swaggasaurus' timestamp='1358911039' post='2111342']
[/quote]

oh nice...who do you think is better him or brandon williams??

Posted · Report post

Panthers talked to Jonathan Cyprien yesterday

Posted · Report post

Where do you guys think Patton will land in the draft? I really like him but I think he's gonna end up in some weird spot that we'd almost have to 'reach' (if you could call it that) with our 2nd round pick for him, that's excluding any kind of trade down scenario of course. Ideally I'd love it if we could grab another late 2nd round or a 3rd rounder somehow.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='BigSyke' timestamp='1358948998' post='2111671']

oh nice...who do you think is better him or brandon williams??
[/quote]Short. He has produced against Big 10 linemen with consistent numbers I think short has had at least 12 TFL and 5 sacks the past 3 years and blocked 4 kicks this year.

Posted · Report post

I know everyone here has a hard-on for Warford. But to temper that;

[quote]Kentucky OG Larry Warford didn’t shine today. In “The Pit” for run plays he often was pushed back and looked like he was on skates. In the double team drills, he released to the 2nd level quickly and continued that in the 11-on-11s. Didn’t showcase much strength.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/SeniorBowl/reports/Practices/South-122.php[/quote]

Posted · Report post

^^^ okay....

patton should be drafted in the 2. now he could squeeze the late lst half..i think hes the most complete wr in this class....i would draft him fast in the 2.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='OHK' timestamp='1358963284' post='2111901']
[/quote]

Interesting.. I'd like to see what he benches at the combine. He might opt out of the bench press... LOL. I'd like to see 30+ reps from him.
Doesn't sound like he will get close though.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='OHK' timestamp='1358963284' post='2111901']
[/quote]

That is just one mans opinion on how Warford looked. And to be honest, that is from draftcountdown and Scott Wright who has no scouting experience in his life.

Here is another opinion on Warford from a former scout:
[quote]9. [url="http://www.ukathletics.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/warford_larry00.html"]Larry Warford[/url], OG, [url="http://www.ukathletics.com/sports/m-footbl/kty-m-footbl-body.html"]Kentucky[/url] (6032, 333 and 5.05): Warford had his second straight solid practice today, as he again demonstrated the ability to sink his hips and anchor at the POA. Today he showed excellent hand placement with a strong punch inside, and in pass protection was able to lock on and consistently sustain blocks. He did a solid job of staying over his feet and maintaining his balance against active targets.[/quote]

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Senior-Bowl-Players-Who-Shined-on-Day-Two.html