Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senior bowl thread

153 posts in this topic

Posted

That is just one mans opinion on how Warford looked. And to be honest, that is from draftcountdown and Scott Wright who has no scouting experience in his life.

Here is another opinion on Warford from a former scout:

http://www.nationalf...on-Day-Two.html

If by no scouting experience you mean none under the employ of an NFL team, you're correct. But many draft analysts haven't been employed by the NFL, and that doesn't necessarily indicate that their judgements are incorrect. Draftcountdown is growing to become a pretty big name in the scouting world for a reason.

That being said, my post wasn't meant to convert the Huddle to hating Warford, rather to do exactly what I expressed, temper some of his hype. He's earning good reviews from some, but bad reviews from others.

Posted

If by no scouting experience you mean none under the employ of an NFL team, you're correct. But many draft analysts haven't been employed by the NFL, and that doesn't necessarily indicate that their judgements are incorrect. Draftcountdown is growing to become a pretty big name in the scouting world for a reason.

That being said, my post wasn't meant to convert the Huddle to hating Warford, rather to do exactly what I expressed, temper some of his hype. He's earning good reviews from some, but bad reviews from others.

I know, I was just pointing out that opinions vary on prospects at the Senior bowl, one guy says he liked something and the other guy says he didnt. Draftcountdown does have good coverage of the Senior Bowl but Im not a big fan of their evaluations, might just be me.

Posted

draftcountdown is one of the best draftsites on the net.

Posted

Fisher's performance during practices depresses me....no chance in hell the guy is there at 14....

Posted

Fisher's performance during practices depresses me....no chance in hell the guy is there at 14....

no way he gets past the chargers,and might not make it to them.

Posted

if lewman and matthews came out then you could have got him(fisher).

Posted

if lewman and matthews came out then you could have got him(fisher).

Fisher would have been graded higher then Lewan for sure, possibly Matthews as well. Kid is an absolute animal....

Posted

Looking like quinton patton won't be there in the 4th :(

Posted

oh yeah he wont...draft stock goes up and down. patton is just to good. is see him as an early second. if he lights up the combine then hes a late first.

Posted

prob with patton is he is only 6'0ft if my memory serves me right.

prefer wr's in the 6'2-6'5 range but id still take patton in the 2nd

Posted

We interviewed one guy again today... Brian Schwenke C/G from the University of Cal

Posted

Team really likes Bell and Gross at the ot spots. Ol help will be a guard in the 2nd or fourth. Dl / wr most likely going to be first 2 picks. Migh take an ot later in the draft.