• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#61 OHK

OHK

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

That is just one mans opinion on how Warford looked. And to be honest, that is from draftcountdown and Scott Wright who has no scouting experience in his life.

Here is another opinion on Warford from a former scout:

http://www.nationalf...on-Day-Two.html

If by no scouting experience you mean none under the employ of an NFL team, you're correct. But many draft analysts haven't been employed by the NFL, and that doesn't necessarily indicate that their judgements are incorrect. Draftcountdown is growing to become a pretty big name in the scouting world for a reason.

That being said, my post wasn't meant to convert the Huddle to hating Warford, rather to do exactly what I expressed, temper some of his hype. He's earning good reviews from some, but bad reviews from others.

#62 CaliPanthers

CaliPanthers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

If by no scouting experience you mean none under the employ of an NFL team, you're correct. But many draft analysts haven't been employed by the NFL, and that doesn't necessarily indicate that their judgements are incorrect. Draftcountdown is growing to become a pretty big name in the scouting world for a reason.

That being said, my post wasn't meant to convert the Huddle to hating Warford, rather to do exactly what I expressed, temper some of his hype. He's earning good reviews from some, but bad reviews from others.

I know, I was just pointing out that opinions vary on prospects at the Senior bowl, one guy says he liked something and the other guy says he didnt. Draftcountdown does have good coverage of the Senior Bowl but Im not a big fan of their evaluations, might just be me.

#63 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,492 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

draftcountdown is one of the best draftsites on the net.

#64 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,952 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

Fisher's performance during practices depresses me....no chance in hell the guy is there at 14....

#65 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,492 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

Fisher's performance during practices depresses me....no chance in hell the guy is there at 14....

no way he gets past the chargers,and might not make it to them.

#66 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,125 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

if lewman and matthews came out then you could have got him(fisher).

#67 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,952 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

if lewman and matthews came out then you could have got him(fisher).

Fisher would have been graded higher then Lewan for sure, possibly Matthews as well. Kid is an absolute animal....

#68 skarbar001

skarbar001

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

Looking like quinton patton won't be there in the 4th :(

#69 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,125 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

oh yeah he wont...draft stock goes up and down. patton is just to good. is see him as an early second. if he lights up the combine then hes a late first.

#70 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

prob with patton is he is only 6'0ft if my memory serves me right.

prefer wr's in the 6'2-6'5 range but id still take patton in the 2nd

#71 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:55 AM

We interviewed one guy again today... Brian Schwenke C/G from the University of Cal

#72 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,329 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:01 AM

Team really likes Bell and Gross at the ot spots. Ol help will be a guard in the 2nd or fourth. Dl / wr most likely going to be first 2 picks. Migh take an ot later in the draft.

#73 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:08 AM

Team really likes Bell and Gross at the ot spots. Ol help will be a guard in the 2nd or fourth. Dl / wr most likely going to be first 2 picks. Migh take an ot later in the draft.

Nothing's set in stone yet... We still got the Combine and Interviews to go. Plus last year I don't remember us talking to Kuech until a couple of weeks or a month until the draft

#74 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,329 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:21 AM

Wasnt going off the above interview, but what i think the team is going to do. Rg is a bigger need then ot, I'd put dt and wr above rg. Bell and Gross had to make up too much because of Kalil missing and bad guard play. Kalil being back with amini having a year under his belt is going to help a lot. Just need to fix the rg spot and get some depth at ot.

Just my thoughts.

#75 BelgianPantherFan

BelgianPantherFan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:16 AM

NFL Network is covering the Senior Bowl training days right? Anywhere to view after live coverage? (quite impossible to follow live bcause I live in Europe).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.