Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Mock w/ comp picks

63 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Dash Global' timestamp='1358889301' post='2110882']

Getting a awesome RG and a nice LT prospect is to the detriment of Cam. Rome wasnt built in a day.

But, what ever you say buddy.
[/quote]

Are you that fuging stupid to not understand that you can't expect rookies to come in and know how to play the pro game from day one?

It is completely stupid to think you can add 2 rookies to a Oline that already has 2 player learning how to play. And think you've upgraded your Oline.

Thank god you're not our GM because you will get Cam killed.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Bwood' timestamp='1358857600' post='2110111']
Oh boy I really dislike this. You're going to get some bad feedback for Lane Johnson for sure.

And I thought you were done with mocks until the combine lol
[/quote]
Hey Bwood, since you love criticizing everyone elses mock drafts, why don't you create one of your own?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='GambrinousPanther' timestamp='1358895597' post='2111071']

Hey Bwood, since you love criticizing everyone elses mock drafts, why don't you create one of your own?
[/quote]

Oh waaaahhh I posted a fantasy mock and Bwood didn't like it!!!

I posted one towards the end of the season with Joeckel as the first pick because we were looking at a top 5 pick. Obviously that isn't realistic now so I usually wait to post my second until the after the combine.

Then I do one before the draft. The way everyone else should, any more than 4 mocks is just ridiculous lol..

Posted · Report post

I would not mind him at all with our second rounder, actually he would be perfect to sit behind Gross for one season and then step in. Getting him in the second would leave us with opportunity for Warmack in the first. OLine good and powerful for 8-10 years at that point.

D could be addressed in FA and remainder of draft

Posted · Report post

[quote name='koolkatluke' timestamp='1358891172' post='2110958']
Are you that fuging stupid to not understand that you can't expect rookies to come in and know how to play the pro game from day one?

It is completely stupid to think you can add 2 rookies to a Oline that already has 2 player learning how to play. And think you've upgraded your Oline.

Thank god you're not our GM because you will get Cam killed.
[/quote]

OL is one of the easiest places to get immediate impact from rookies. Probably the most easiest.

We might not upgrade the line in year one, but we have certainly upgraded our line going forward with nice young talent.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='stirs' timestamp='1358908121' post='2111287']
I would not mind him at all with our second rounder, actually he would be perfect to sit behind Gross for one season and then step in. Getting him in the second would leave us with opportunity for Warmack in the first. OLine good and powerful for 8-10 years at that point.

D could be addressed in FA and remainder of draft
[/quote]

Johnson wont be there in the 2nd. Will most likely be gone halfway through the 1st. Too good of measurables and tape not to.

I like him much better than everyone not named Jokoel and Fisher. Add that to the very deep OG class and we get more bang for the buck going OT 1st and OG 2nd.

My dream scenario would be Warmak in the 1st and Johnson in the 2nd. But that aint happening.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Dash Global' timestamp='1358909278' post='2111316']

OL is one of the easiest places to get immediate impact from rookies. Probably the most easiest.

We might not upgrade the line in year one, but we have certainly upgraded our line going forward with nice young talent.
[/quote]

Not when you play them together from the start.

Did you see what happen to Big Ben this year? And he had Better Oline prospects then the ones you picked and want to start from day 1.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='koolkatluke' timestamp='1358911017' post='2111341']
Not when you play them together from the start.

Did you see what happen to Big Ben this year? And he had Better Oline prospects then the ones you picked and want to start from day 1.
[/quote]

Cant know for certain. Just because some are higher round / better peospects doesnt mean automatic success just like late round prospects doesnt automatically mean they cant produce.

Crap shoot.

Either way. Johnson and Warford give us great OL prospects going forward.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Dash Global' timestamp='1358911524' post='2111354']

Cant know for certain. Just because some are higher round / better peospects doesnt mean automatic success just like late round prospects doesnt automatically mean they cant produce.

Crap shoot.

Either way. Johnson and Warford give us great OL prospects going forward.
[/quote]

I choose not to play a crap shoot with my Franchise QB health.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='koolkatluke' timestamp='1358911959' post='2111365']
I choose not to play a crap shoot with my Franchise QB health.
[/quote]

So your solution is ignore our biggest need (OL) in the top of the draft?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Dash Global' timestamp='1358913386' post='2111384']
So your solution is ignore our biggest need (OL) in the top of the draft?
[/quote]

No Id' rather spend FA on a RG this year. Get a vet to play beside Bell and keep him developing. I believe the mess at RG hurt him and made him look worst then he really was. Restructure Gross and Ride him out another year. So he and Kali can keep Amini developing. Then next year with a better OT class coming out we get a guy to replace Gross. Then you can have a rookie at LT Amini going into his 3rd year. Kali at center the FA RG and Bell going into his 4th year. Which is a better Mix of VEt and Rookie.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='koolkatluke' timestamp='1358914895' post='2111421']
No Id' rather spend FA on a RG this year. Get a vet to play beside Bell and keep him developing. I believe the mess at RG hurt him and made him look worst then he really was. Restructure Gross and Ride him out another year. So he and Kali can keep Amini developing. Then next year with a better OT class coming out we get a guy to replace Gross. Then you can have a rookie at LT Amini going into his 3rd year. Kali at center the FA RG and Bell going into his 4th year. Which is a better Mix of VEt and Rookie.
[/quote]

Theoretically vet / mix would be better, not always. Warford I feel would be better than most older vet journey man RGs.

There is no telling how much Amini will improve in year 2-3.

Who do you draft in the 1st this year? Only WR worth that high of a pick in Allen but he has some question marks (injury / speed). DT Williams is a bit of a reach at 14 as a NT. Only NT id want that high would have be some all world player. Its not hard to find run stuffers and people that can hold the point of attack. There is no S worth that high of a pick. Banks would be decent but not sure about spending that high of a pick on a CB with our pass rush and how the new guys played down the stretch.

For me ill be pissed with we dont draft one of these in the 1st

Johnson

Warmak

Williams

Allen

Banks