• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#46 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

I choose not to play a crap shoot with my Franchise QB health.

So your solution is ignore our biggest need (OL) in the top of the draft?

#47 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

So your solution is ignore our biggest need (OL) in the top of the draft?

No Id' rather spend FA on a RG this year. Get a vet to play beside Bell and keep him developing. I believe the mess at RG hurt him and made him look worst then he really was. Restructure Gross and Ride him out another year. So he and Kali can keep Amini developing. Then next year with a better OT class coming out we get a guy to replace Gross. Then you can have a rookie at LT Amini going into his 3rd year. Kali at center the FA RG and Bell going into his 4th year. Which is a better Mix of VEt and Rookie.

#48 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

No Id' rather spend FA on a RG this year. Get a vet to play beside Bell and keep him developing. I believe the mess at RG hurt him and made him look worst then he really was. Restructure Gross and Ride him out another year. So he and Kali can keep Amini developing. Then next year with a better OT class coming out we get a guy to replace Gross. Then you can have a rookie at LT Amini going into his 3rd year. Kali at center the FA RG and Bell going into his 4th year. Which is a better Mix of VEt and Rookie.

Theoretically vet / mix would be better, not always. Warford I feel would be better than most older vet journey man RGs.

There is no telling how much Amini will improve in year 2-3.

Who do you draft in the 1st this year? Only WR worth that high of a pick in Allen but he has some question marks (injury / speed). DT Williams is a bit of a reach at 14 as a NT. Only NT id want that high would have be some all world player. Its not hard to find run stuffers and people that can hold the point of attack. There is no S worth that high of a pick. Banks would be decent but not sure about spending that high of a pick on a CB with our pass rush and how the new guys played down the stretch.

For me ill be pissed with we dont draft one of these in the 1st

Johnson

Warmak

Williams

Allen

Banks

#49 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

Johnson

Warmak

Williams

Allen

Banks

This list will change 15 times by April. Just stop.

#50 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

This list will change 15 times by April. Just stop.

Im not a combine freak. Nothing new will come up for me. Atleast not in the 1st round. Later rounds possibly.

#51 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:38 AM

Theoretically vet / mix would be better, not always. Warford I feel would be better than most older vet journey man RGs.

There is no telling how much Amini will improve in year 2-3.

Who do you draft in the 1st this year? Only WR worth that high of a pick in Allen but he has some question marks (injury / speed). DT Williams is a bit of a reach at 14 as a NT. Only NT id want that high would have be some all world player. Its not hard to find run stuffers and people that can hold the point of attack. There is no S worth that high of a pick. Banks would be decent but not sure about spending that high of a pick on a CB with our pass rush and how the new guys played down the stretch.

Johnson

Warmak

Williams

Allen

Banks

I go BPA from the CB and DT class in the 1st and Visa Versa in the 2nd round.

I don't go WR until next year because it will be a stronger Class with Lee and Sammy Watkins coming out.

I have more Faith going into next year in the Wr on the roster now then in the CB we have on the roster.

But it can all change with whatever we do in FA's.

#52 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:16 AM

Watkins had a down year. Lee is elite. We wont be in a position to draft either. There is no way next years draft class is as deep as this year. You got a guy like Patton projected 3-4 right now! Hell end up going in the 2nd imo.

OL and WR to me are a much more pressing problem than DT and CB.

#53 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 11,925 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:29 AM

This is a pretty horrible mock. Can't believe somebody has so much time on their hands to make so many pointless mock drafts. Jesus Christ

#54 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:26 AM

This is a pretty horrible mock. Can't believe somebody has so much time on their hands to make so many pointless mock drafts. Jesus Christ

Am I suppose to care? lmao

#55 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:54 AM

Watkins had a down year. Lee is elite. We wont be in a position to draft either. There is no way next years draft class is as deep as this year. You got a guy like Patton projected 3-4 right now! Hell end up going in the 2nd imo.

OL and WR to me are a much more pressing problem than DT and CB.

There are more proven and experienced player at wr and Ol then at Cb and DT. Plain and simple. Not to mention the depth is better as well at Wr and Ol.

People don't realize that we could lose 1 of the Edwards boys Nebblet Gamble and Capt.

People also want to put all the pressure on the DE's to make our pass defense great. But as we seen from the Giants this year. They can't always carry a defense all year. You go up against a good Oline . You could end up giving a 3rd string Qb like Brady Quinn a career day.

#56 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

i like this idea but i would like to draft a oline in the 2nd that could play rg this year but has the potential to play rt eventually (Dallas Thomas). than draft kalil replacement next year along with signining the vet rg. i really want to us the little free agent money we may have (Gettlemagic) on a solid fs or dt.

so into 2014 our line would be: Rookie 1st rd Lt, Amini, Kali, FA Rg Vet, 2nd year RT

#57 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,414 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

You said that your top 5 picks will start for us easily? Cmon man.. on average an NFL team gets less than 1 starter (on opening day) from their draft class. We were lucky last season and came away with 4 starters on opening day, but I tell you that's extremely rare. We will be doing great to get 2 starters on opening day.

Lane Johnson has all the tools to be a LT in this league. (I am a diehard Sooner fan). He will not start over Gross day 1. I do like him as a prospect though.

I don't like dedicating our top 2 picks towards the Oline and I don't know enough about the rest of the players to critique. I love Sturgis in the 6th.

#58 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

You said that your top 5 picks will start for us easily? Cmon man.. on average an NFL team gets less than 1 starter (on opening day) from their draft class. We were lucky last season and came away with 4 starters on opening day, but I tell you that's extremely rare. We will be doing great to get 2 starters on opening day.

Lane Johnson has all the tools to be a LT in this league. (I am a diehard Sooner fan). He will not start over Gross day 1. I do like him as a prospect though.

I don't like dedicating our top 2 picks towards the Oline and I don't know enough about the rest of the players to critique. I love Sturgis in the 6th.

I meant could / potentially start. We have alot of holes on our team with questionable talent, so drafting starters wouldnt be that hard so long as you nail the pick.

If we draft Johnson, id assume we would cut Gross. Which would make Johnson start imo

After the QB, the lines are the most important. Until we have great lines I have no problem drafting big uglies the first 2 rounds.

#59 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,330 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

They wouldn't Cut Gross if they drafted an OT at 14. They'd keep him at LT and use the young buck at RT, just like they did with Gross.

#60 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

They wouldn't Cut Gross if they drafted an OT at 14. They'd keep him at LT and use the young buck at RT, just like they did with Gross.

Not so sure about that with our cap problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.