Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game 2 (0-1) Carolina Hurricanes vs. (1-1) Tampa Bay Lightning

31 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I am really liking Semin's attitude out there. Shoot first and crash the net. If only he could teach that to the rest of the team.

Oh yeah, sick fade away by Skinman, maybe the Bobcats need to give him a call lol.

Posted · Report post

We gotta finish, Semin and Tlusty has missed two easy one's.

Posted · Report post

PK has kept Carolina in this one, the intensity is much better in this game and the team is pressuring the puck much more then they did against FL. Someone needs to step up though and get this game tied quickly.

Posted · Report post

Alright, let's turn it on in the third.

Posted · Report post

Horrible defensive awareness from Skinner on that goal.

Posted · Report post

Goal would have never happened if it wasn't let out of the offensive zone (can't remember who shoveled it back to Harrison).

Posted · Report post

It sad this team can only score with a 5-3 chance. This team has quite a bit of talent but just doesn't have "it". Whatever "it" is.

Posted · Report post

Well that's game, TB leads 4-1. The team's defense is still horrible, Cam will have to play out of the world for this team to do anything. Cam's not playing well, but not many Goalies would be with that in front of them. Also the team isn't that good past the 2nd line. This might be a long, but short season. :(

They have talent, like you said. Something's missing though, not sure what it is though. What's really bad about the defense is that the team doesn't have anyone really past Murphy and doesn't have a lot of sure fire talent coming up any time soon at any position.

All I know is that the past two games, they've sucked in the defensive zone. Making correct passes and so forth. The scoring should pick up once the lines get used to playing with each other, but I'd expect more with Staal and Semin on a line together as well with J Staal and Skinner on another line. It's the defensive zone and neutral zone awareness that worries me.

Posted · Report post

Hey, some fire from the team. A bit late though. It comes from an unexpected but expected source in the Captain E Staal.

Posted · Report post

Garcon is playing crazy good right now, making saves on some really nice scoring chances.

Staal, Skinner and Semin have looked good here late in 3rd. Might see another line change for the next game.

Posted · Report post

I was gonna say panic, but I just checked the standings and Carolina, Washington, Philadelphia, and New York are all 2-0. I think it will take five games to finally get in sync, but when we do; we'll be straight.

Posted · Report post

They should've just canceled the whole season. I knew it was going to be a train wreck. The team is just too weak. JR didn't do enough in the offseason.