Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game 2 (0-1) Carolina Hurricanes vs. (1-1) Tampa Bay Lightning

31 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

We actually did quite a bit but when solidify any needs.

Neutral

We made a lateral move trading Brandon Sutter for Jordan Staal.

Bad

We let go a good defender and a physical presence in Bryan Allen replaced hi with Joe Corvo an offensive minded defense-men.

Good

We unloaded a useless piece of crap in Anthony Stewart for a new physical presence in Kevin Westgarth

We gained a new scoring threat in Alexander Semin.

All in all we didn't do enough to help this team on defense, but did more than enough to help this team on offense.

Posted · Report post

They should've just canceled the whole season. I knew it was going to be a train wreck. The team is just too weak. JR didn't do enough in the offseason.

With so many additions and subtractions, this team needed training camp as much if not more than any team in the NHL. They're basically learning on the fly, as opposed to a team like the Lightning which has their core intact.

Not using it as an excuse, but at some point it has to start clicking for these guys. The question is how long will it take?

Posted · Report post

Still say we made a huge mistake in letting Bryan Allen walk.

Posted · Report post

this team sucks balls

Posted · Report post

ugh disappointing, hope thing improve quickly. I haven't been upset by the offense (besides the mishandles on passes) the defense and ward are killing me though

Posted · Report post

No big deal guys. They are only divisional games and we are in a cupcake division (sarcasm), they dont matter at all.....it is prefectly fine to get blown out by our divisional opponents.....after all we missed the playoffs last year by about 5 wins.....so why do two divisonal games in a shortened season matter........ :startle:

Posted · Report post

Cupcake division? Four out of the five teams in our division have a chance to make the playoff's. The Panthers are a top five team in the NHL when completely healthy. I know we got blown out twice but no training camp for a team that made an upwards of five roster moves is going to hurt a little. If we are still struggling by game five, then I'll be worried.

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments