#16 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

The game was reffed on ticky tack fouls all game... In the end though we played soft defense due to our foul trouble and scott wood couldn't hit anything. I can't wait to see how they respond against unc-ch. I think this team needs to learn how to play when they aren't controlling the pace of the game. It was hard to watch all the turnovers during that 12-0 run but maybe it can be a learning experience.

Waaahhhhhhh

Like I said sweet 16 at best

#17 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:35 AM

State sucks

#18 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,105 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:24 AM

still don't understand how the refs don't blow the whistle when cjl got hacked in the final minute. it was ridiculous considering the way the game had been refereed for 39 minutes.

Turnabout is fair play since no foul was called after CJ Harris got punched in the face.

#19 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:52 AM

Good teams don't blow a 17 pt lead to a vastly inferior team. No school in the ACC has had to go through the problems Wake has had to go through the par 3-4 years. Good teams also don't put the game in the refs hands when it's that close. And who we kidding State fans, Leslie would have missed one of those free throws anyway.

With that being said should be a good one on Saturday. Roy is nearly perfect for the pack and if state continues to play this way they are gonna get beat. Period.

We also know that State fans are happy as long as they beat Carolina. The pack has players no doubt about that so if they come prepared & focused I could see them taking care of business as well.

Heels need to win w/ a strong performance tonight.

#20 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,493 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:14 AM

NC State plays so much like Charlotte back in the Lutz CUSA days it is almost painful to watch.

It has to be infuriating to beat the #1 team then lose to one of the worse teams in the ACC. Charlotte teams under Lutz were always notorious for winning big games then shitting the bed against teams they were supposed to beat.

#21 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,105 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

NC State plays so much like Charlotte back in the Lutz CUSA days it is almost painful to watch.

It has to be infuriating to beat the #1 team then lose to one of the worse teams in the ACC. Charlotte teams under Lutz were always notorious for winning big games then shitting the bed against teams they were supposed to beat.

I know you are basing that on the last two years, but Wake is actually not that bad this year. After a loss to Seton Hall in which we blew a lead in the final few minutes, we haven't lost at home, beating Xavier, Virginia, BC and NCSU last night. We probably have a more talented team, albeit a young one, than we have had since 2009. Our recruiting class was ranked top 5 in the conference, and the young guys have gotten a lot more pt than some of the other freshman classes have. I am still not sure that Bzzdelik is the guy who can take us back up towards the upper echelon of the ACC, but there is no denying that we have more talent this year.

We just can't win on the road. Hopefully, the upcoming game at GT will change that.

#22 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,493 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

I know you are basing that on the last two years, but Wake is actually not that bad this year. After a loss to Seton Hall in which we blew a lead in the final few minutes, we haven't lost at home, beating Xavier, Virginia, BC and NCSU last night. We probably have a more talented team, albeit a young one, than we have had since 2009. Our recruiting class was ranked top 5 in the conference, and the young guys have gotten a lot more pt than some of the other freshman classes have. I am still not sure that Bzzdelik is the guy who can take us back up towards the upper echelon of the ACC, but there is no denying that we have more talent this year.

We just can't win on the road. Hopefully, the upcoming game at GT will change that.

Maybe I worded it too harshly, I just meant that you guys weren't expected to be a top half team in the ACC while NC State was expected to challenge for the league title.

Wake has definitely improved and I'm also not sure Bz is the right guy for Wake. I still think it was a mistake to fire Gaudio. He wasn't a superb coach, but he is better than Bz.

#23 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

Maybe I worded it too harshly, I just meant that you guys weren't expected to be a top half team in the ACC while NC State was expected to challenge for the league title.

Wake has definitely improved and I'm also not sure Bz is the right guy for Wake. I still think it was a mistake to fire Gaudio. He wasn't a superb coach, but he is better than Bz.

Lets not sell state short here, they werent just expected to challenge for the ACC title, they were preseason champs

#24 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,105 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

I do agree about preseason predictions. State hasn't been quite as good as they were predicted to be, and Wake is a little better than they were predicted to be, and its still tough to win on the road in the ACC. That is why things went as they did last night.

I do think State has a shot at pulling it together before the season is out though. If they can get hot in Feb/March, they could do some damage in the tournament.

Regarding Gaudio, it doesn't bother me so much that they fired him, its who they replaced him with that bothers me. But if the team continues to play well, its likely Bzz will get another season.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nc state, wake forest, basketball

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com