Photo
- - - - -

Pau Gasol to Charlotte Bobcats- rumor...

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,519 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

Remember guys, Lakers always get the best end of any deal and Ben Gordon and a pick isn't going to cut it.

#32 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

Love to see it happen!
but please a 2nd rounder only. Id hate to see a 1st rounder in the mix.
LA needs a shooter so bad that really they should just give up Gasol straight up for Gordon.
Id try to see if I could pack Mullens with it.

#33 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,221 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

Milsap to a Max contract would be equilivant to Antwan Jamison getting the Max and Jamison was a better player.

I agree no Max contract unless there is a need and fit.

no, you guys are right, I overspoke. I thought Milsap was more highly regarded than that.

I shouldn't have said max. But we are going to have to overpay a player who is sought after
by marquee teams to get him to Charlotte, whoever that may be.

As far as backward thinking, I'm thinking just the opposite. We'll need to overpay for someone
to join our young drafter nucleus to make us contenders. Once we become contenders,
then we'll be on a more balanced level in the future to get FA's with other teams.

#34 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,519 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

So the logic in this trade idea is to trade Gasol for Gordon so Gordon could sit on the bench behind Kobe?

#35 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

no, you guys are right, I overspoke. I thought Milsap was more highly regarded than that.

I shouldn't have said max. But we are going to have to overpay a player who is sought after
by marquee teams to get him to Charlotte, whoever that may be.

As far as backward thinking, I'm thinking just the opposite. We'll need to overpay for someone
to join our young drafter nucleus to make us contenders. Once we become contenders,
then we'll be on a more balanced level in the future to get FA's with other teams.

Well I agree that we will have to overpay to land big time free agents (at least for now), but you did say Millsap for the max so that's why I was calling it backwards thinking. We'll have to overpay to get a guy like Millsap, but if a team offers him 4/40, then I wouldn't offer him more than 4/50. Basically, yeah we'll need to overpay some, but not to an extent where the guy isn't worth the contract.

#36 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

So the logic in this trade idea is to trade Gasol for Gordon so Gordon could sit on the bench behind Kobe?

Lakers just need to trade everyone except Kobe and EZ. I hate that team so much. Zero chemistry :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users