21 replies to this topic

#16 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,393 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

I love the south and all my friends and family who have relocated to NYC can't wait to come back after they have their fill.

The one thing that frustrates me is the racist/homophobic stereotype we get from northerners. I think we are generally less of those things and the racism that I see up north is absolutely shocking.

Girls are prettier in the south too.

Don't try to blame northerners for the impression that the south is racist and homophobic when a lot of southern states poll that they still want interracial marriage banned. It's not northerners sitting around making this poo up.

#17 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,403 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

Don't try to blame northerners for the impression that the south is racist and homophobic when a lot of southern states poll that they still want interracial marriage banned. It's not northerners sitting around making this poo up.

A lot?

I bet those same states want any marriage outside of immediate family banned also, but we will never see that poll.

#18 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,622 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

I'm not. I'm saying northerners are just as/if not more of both

#19 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,352 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

the problem is that "the south" is quite compartmentalized and the kind of attitudes and people you run in to in north carolina vs. south carolina vs. georgia vs. louisiana are going to vary.

if you were to wander up to joe random in the wal mart parking lot off 70 in hickory and ask him about gay marriage you're likely to get a different answer than if you were to do that outside of weaver street market in carrboro

#20 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,393 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:28 PM

I'm not. I'm saying northerners are just as/if not more of both

Compare gay marriage legalization between the north and south.

#21 2plankingpanther

2plankingpanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

Ran into a lot of racists from Boston,Nashua,NH,etc but it still seems like the lionshare of racists are in the south,especially Texas!

#22 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,403 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

Ran into a lot of racists from Boston,Nashua,NH,etc but it still seems like the lionshare of racists are in the south,especially Texas!

Try the Midwest. Sundown towns still exist.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.