Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do we take a QB late

16 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

With Anderson heading back to the Mistake on the Lake and with Pickles being Pickles do you think it is wise to look at the draft for a late round QB? I would not mind Jordan Rodgers or someone of the same ilk with one of the comp picks in the 6th.

Thoughts...

Posted · Report post

UDFA. Sign a reliable vet to fill Anderson's role and sign a few UDFAs at QB to see if any can be developed. If Cam goes down we're screwed anyway, so no sense in wasting a valuable pick on what would be a 3rd string QB.

Posted · Report post

Sign Denis Dixon off the Ravens PS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-N6yY1mHCo

Posted · Report post

I want someone who has the same type of skills as Cam or at least someone with good mobility.

Posted · Report post

I think it's a strong possibility that we get a backup QB in this draft. Someone with a strong arm like Colin Klein in the 7th round or UDFA. Landry Jones or EJ Manuel would be good in the 4th round if either is available.

Im pretty sure Chip Kelly will take Manuel in the 4th round if he's there.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Lout' timestamp='1358900653' post='2111156']
I think it's a strong possibility that we get a backup QB in this draft. Someone with a strong arm like Colin Klein in the 7th round or UDFA. Landry Jones or EJ Manuel would be good in the 4th round if either is available.

[/quote]

Scouts have been saying that Klein has sucked it up at the Shrine game. He's not an NFL QB.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='TerriblePizza' timestamp='1358901106' post='2111165']

Scouts have been saying that Klein has sucked it up at the Shrine game. He's not an NFL QB.
[/quote]

Yea, any QB you draft in the late rounds is going to suck. He has athletic ability, so he was the closest thing to Cam that I could come up with.

Posted · Report post

Don't waste a draft pick on a back up. Just sign someone that's familiar with this offense in free agency.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Lout' timestamp='1358900653' post='2111156']

[/quote]

Someone with a "strong" arm like Klein? Are you fuging kidding me? He has a noodle arm and terrible accuracy down field, with a terrible throwing motion.

Posted · Report post

I'd take EJ Manual in the 4th if he's there. That would be a no-brainer if I were calling the shots

Posted · Report post

[quote name='jtgreensboro' timestamp='1358933986' post='2111594']
Someone with a "strong" arm like Klein? Are you fuging kidding me? He has a noodle arm and terrible accuracy down field, with a terrible throwing motion.
[/quote]

You're right, when I was watching senior bowl practice he was throwing ducks. I live in BIG XII country so I have watched a lot of his games, and he has always been able to thrown downfield, but I guess none of those throws were thrown on a frozen rope. So I retract my statement about him having a strong arm.

Posted · Report post

get b.j daniels....lol