Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pat Y writes the obituary of the Failcons

33 posts in this topic

Posted

I love it!

"suck_ it"............ foulc*nt fans.

2 people like this

Posted

Fantastic.......

Posted

Outside of maybe 20 fans I actually know that are decent people.

F

U

X

D

E

M

F

U

X

I have no issues with their tears washing the filth of the dome off every year in the playoffs.

I have taken such pleasure in not only the arse whippings by the Packers and Giants, but the heart snatching thrown away lead this past weekend.

Do not weep for your enemy, he will not weep for you.

No I hate their fanbase as well. What I'm wondering is why the falcons are the only "good" team to face criticism for being just "good". Nobody writes off the Brady and the Pats despite them not having won a superbowl in almost a decade. Nobody trashes the Texans even though everyone knew they weren't good enough to win a superbowl this year.

IDK I just get this funny feeling that it is because they are from the NFC South and if we ever overthrow their reign on this division we will be in the same boat.

Posted

Speaking of guys named Pat, word that Pat White wants to make a comeback.

Posted

What this playoff showed was that they were not nearly as good as their record. They won a bunch of games sometimes on lucky plays and other teams choking more so than on talent. It caught up with them. Their defense is not fundamentally sound and it showed.

2 people like this

Posted

One of my favorite old sayings is: "why do you kick someone when they are down? Because they're closer to your feet!"

Posted

No I hate their fanbase as well. What I'm wondering is why the falcons are the only "good" team to face criticism for being just "good". Nobody writes off the Brady and the Pats despite them not having won a superbowl in almost a decade. Nobody trashes the Texans even though everyone knew they weren't good enough to win a superbowl this year.

IDK I just get this funny feeling that it is because they are from the NFC South and if we ever overthrow their reign on this division we will be in the same boat.

4 one and done in the playoffs and you start deserving that criticism.

and then they earned a reputation of being barely able to win. 7 of their wins were by 7 points or less. 4 of those were by less than 5 points.

they won more than anyone, but it wasn't convincingly.

1 person likes this

Posted

there are some real problems on the horizon for the falcons. their defensive line is getting old and as far as i know there aren't any charles johnsons or greg hardys hiding on their roster. a guy who caught 326 passes over the past four seasons for them (steve smith has 263 over the same span, for reference) is probably gone. middle of the road offensive line with an aging center and a left tackle in sam baker that has been a disappointment and should probably be upgraded. they've got some work to do.

Posted

The Atlanta Falcons under Mike Smith: good, but always a bridesmaid, never the bride

Posted

I'm glad we wont have to see that push off artist anymore

White?

Jones?

Or Gonzalez?

1 person likes this

Posted

BOOM!

Posted

Meanwhile in Charlotte...we're also still the same ol' Panthers until proven otherwise.