125 replies to this topic

#91 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,259 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

huddle before the 2012 season: We have the talent to compete with anybody and win!

huddle after the 2012 season: lol we don't have any talent what do you expect from ron?

#92 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,162 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

huddle before the 2012 season: We have the talent to compete with anybody and win!

huddle after the 2012 season: lol we don't have any talent what do you expect from ron?

huddle is a lot of people with different opinions saying a lot of different things.

#93 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,259 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

yea but the prevailing sentiment always changes to avoid coming to grips with a few harsh realities

#94 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,667 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

One of the most important qualities of a coach is to be able to objectively evaluate what is going on around him. I think Rivera not only can do that with the players but is candidly honest about himself. He admits he made mistakes and is learning the job. He doesn't make excuses for his problems but shoots from the hip.
Anybody think that Fox would have admitted he made mistakes?

I am confident that Rivera is going to come out of the chute like the Panthers will, fired up and ready to make the playoffs. The coaches and players are going to hungry for success and will be working hard. This is going to be 2005 all over again. I thought it was going to be last year but believe that 2013 will be our year.

#95 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,998 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

Do not underestimate the week he had to squirm while awaiting his fate. That is pure reflection. I thought that JR was brilliant if that was intentional.

#96 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

If i was GM, i would give rivera 4 games to go 2-2 or better, and fire him if he doesnt and promote McDermott

#97 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,667 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

If i was GM, i would give rivera 4 games to go 2-2 or better, and fire him if he doesnt and promote McDermott

And that would be incredibly stupid. How would you know we will go 2-2 or better when you don't know who we are playing and whether it is home or away. We could have 3 or 4 incredibly difficult games to open the season and end up 1-3 without suggesting the season is over.

#98 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,190 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

Has Gettleman ever expressed his commitment to Cam?

#99 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,667 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

Did you listen to his interview. He said we can win with the folks we have now. Of course he is committed to Newton.

#100 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 4,074 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

Not by name. But he did start off his interview saying below:

"This League revolves around the Quarterback".

"You need Quarterback, Touch Down Scorers and Big Men in this league".

And I heard him say at his press conference, that 'you need a QB in this league and we have one'.

Take it for what it's worth. But I don't think you have to worry about that (if you thought his allegiance to Cam was undeclared). Plus, doesn't he have to watch him play next year (and on tape from the previous year/s? He's got time. LOL

#101 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,551 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

He'd better. Gett would be a lot easier to replace than Cam.

#102 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,534 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

We all have had expectations. As we should.

But I feel a lot of you expect a rookie hc to learn everything there is to learn about head coaching in a single season.

20 games a year, and that includes playoffs.
That doesn't seem like a lot of games that would cover tons of instances for a coach to learn from.

He admitted that not having a coach with head coaching experience hurt.

As pissed as I've been at him at points during this last season, I do know he's a heck of a coach that the players love.
He will continue to grow, as all coaches do.

I'm personally excited about next season. Guess that's cause I've put the past behind me already.

I just wish the off season wasn't so long.

what did he do to correct that problem...not having someone without HC experience on staff.

easy answer: nothing. what good does recognition of a problem do if you don't do a damn thing about it?

does he think he's learned enough that he doesn't need it anymore? he didn't think he needed any help to begin with. forgive me if i don't buy that he's still not in over his head.

was the end of the season impressive? yep. always good to see them win, but it happened too late in the season.....again. that's panthers football. so far rivera seems like a more open- minded, but less successful version of john fox.

i never heard fox speak the way rivera did today, nor have i seen anything at all in rivera like that either, so thats a sign that he could be more determined and passionate about improving, but until i see it on the field i'm not sold.

and yeah....i hate that the offseason is so far away.

#103 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,793 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

when they asked him if next year is a playoffs or bust year, he answered 'well we could go 9 and 7 maybe...'

that's the fire you like to see in a coach!

#104 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

_Is it 1996 Yet?_

• HUDDLER
  • 17,101 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

LOL at Rivera saying Harbaugh did good because he had good players already and he didnt

The Head Coach of the Panthers 2 years running and he just sh!t on his roster like that?
Unbelievable, what a douche.

Unbelievable

And we have him for another season with a downgraded offensive coaching staff!

Pass the bourbon

Gettleman came in knowing JR already pulled the trigger on a 3rd year of Rivera.
God help us all if Getts doesn't have a long term plan in mind of a new staff once the Cap is again under control and he has a draft or two on the roster.

#105 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

_Is it 1996 Yet?_

• HUDDLER
  • 17,101 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

when they asked him if next year is a playoffs or bust year, he answered 'well we could go 9 and 7 maybe...'

that's the fire you like to see in a coach!

Exudes confidence doesn't it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com