#46 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,918 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:39 AM

did he say he was going to do that?

Not directly I suppose. But it is evident that Chud didn't do that, and when he did the offense clicked. Give shula the benefit of the doubt. I don't like the hire but damn it he has experience, he's been with cam and around the system for 2 years. Maybe he'll let Cam have more freedom and let him call his own plays and audibles.

Much like all of us, I'm hoping for the best and I'm crossing my fingers, elbows, legs, balls. Everything.

#47 poorboysrev

poorboysrev

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:48 AM

Having a strong power running game is also how you close out all of these 4th quarter leads we blew this year. We're not going Foxball with Cam. Shula keeps stressing deep passing game. But during the last few games when Cam was under center and actually had a running game to playaction off of that's when his passing improved. Also helped the read option/ QB runs be successful again. Notice how many long drives we were able to sustain at the end of the season because we could run it finally. Also Steve Smith said point blank that Chud didn't listen to the players or other coaches about the plays they didn't like. That's why you had Smith, Dwill, and Cam getting frustrated. If Shula can just be capable we will be good(assuming we bring in oline talent)

#48 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,171 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:29 AM

Having a strong power running game is also how you close out all of these 4th quarter leads we blew this year. We're not going Foxball with Cam. Shula keeps stressing deep passing game. But during the last few games when Cam was under center and actually had a running game to playaction off of that's when his passing improved. Also helped the read option/ QB runs be successful again. Notice how many long drives we were able to sustain at the end of the season because we could run it finally. Also Steve Smith said point blank that Chud didn't listen to the players or other coaches about the plays they didn't like. That's why you had Smith, Dwill, and Cam getting frustrated. If Shula can just be capable we will be good(assuming we bring in oline talent)

when did smitty say that? i missed it.

#49 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

Yeah, me too. I would think that would have been brought up multiple times.

#50 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,202 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

He said it on WFNZ last week on The Drive as a guest host.

He's guest hosting Mondays and Weds.

He may be on vacation now. So you may have to check that next week to see if he's back.

He seemed quite disgruntled in Chuds inflexibility with the offense (even with stuff that Steve said didn't work, that 'Chud kept shoving down our throats'), as well as his inability to listen to other position coaches when implementing the offense, offensive plays.

So It's true. I think that's why he and so many other players are happy (or at least not complaining) concerning Chud's departure.

#51 BelgianPantherFan

BelgianPantherFan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

Chud's departure would be good news if this is true. I just hope the O keeps doing what they did the last games, keeping possession and moving the chains when needed. Add an extra WR and OG, and we could be quite dangerous.
I guess Shula will continue to work on this, and maybe the promotion could turn out to be a good choise.

#52 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,232 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

He said it on WFNZ last week on The Drive as a guest host.

He's guest hosting Mondays and Weds.

He may be on vacation now. So you may have to check that next week to see if he's back.

He seemed quite disgruntled in Chuds inflexibility with the offense (even with stuff that Steve said didn't work, that 'Chud kept shoving down our throats'), as well as his inability to listen to other position coaches when implementing the offense, offensive plays.

So It's true. I think that's why he and so many other players are happy (or at least not complaining) concerning Chud's departure.

I could see this happening but I think if it was so Rivera had a knee jerk reaction in hiring Shula. Also it would surprise me that Norv would want to work with someone like that.

#53 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,202 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

I could see this happening but I think if it was so Rivera had a knee jerk reaction in hiring Shula. Also it would surprise me that Norv would want to work with someone like that.

Well, ironically, one of Hue Jackson's best reported attributes, was his ability to incorporate the best strengths of his players and the various ideas of his position coaches. So obviously that wasn't the reason for not hiring Jackson, unless it was a trust/feel, comfortability issues from Rivera (who added later 'Shula knew exactly what we wanted to do on offense; what works and doesn't work and how to best utilize our players')??

As far as Chud: I think Norv's going to call the plays (even though it was initially reported that Chud may. Now it's up in the air). And if he does: what confidence does Chud show in his own play calling?

Plus, Norv went to Cleveland to be with his son. And Chud wouldn't have gotten the opportunity with out Norv going. Those two tidbits were widely reported.

Funny, strange world sometimes, isn't it?

#54 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

• HUDDLER
  • 10,435 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

The sky box fails in Carolina

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com