Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cary Kollins

Jerry Rice says the Raiders coach threw the Super Bowl against the Bucs.

26 posts in this topic

Well, the fact it is the Raiders and the owner is/was Al Davis. That doesn't make things like this all that shocking.

This.

Noone throws a chance to win a Super Bowl. No one actively tries to sabotage their own nfl HC job.

I'm not saying this did or didn't happen, I don't have any idea.

But to say "no one throws a chance to win a SuperBowl" you set yourself up as a perfect predictive judge of human behavior.

Human beings do ALL KINDS of stupid poo. ALL THE TIME.

I'm sure there are no reasons that you can come up with to satisfy YOU to throw a Super Bowl, but you sure as hell can't say that with perfect confidence about everybody else.

I think this is BS, the player are just bitter about the loss and want to redirect blame, because the Bucs beat down the Raiders like a red headed step child and saying it was the coach makes their ego hurt less.

if this was true it would have come out long before now.

I say complete BS

To be fair, Jon Ritchie, the FB for the Raiders at the time, has said for years that this was the case... It just never got the publicity it is getting now, for some reason.

I wouldnt doubt it. Why would Jerry Rice and Tim Brown lie about it?

I believe it

2 people like this

So can we laugh at the Bucs now for having an asterisk next to their SB win? #hatersgonnahhate

2 people like this

So Bucs, Saints, and the Patriots all have asteriks next to their Super Bowl wins?

Haha I swear, we HAVE to lead the league in moral victories...

So does Goodell jump on this?

Jerry Rice wouldnt lie. He has multiple superbowls. I believe this 100%.

o

To be fair, Jon Ritchie, the FB for the Raiders at the time, has said for years that this was the case... It just never got the publicity it is getting now, for some reason.

I remember Jon Richie saying this years ago but no one listened. It would have been better if Rice and other teammates had spoken out and backed him then. I suppose Rice didn't want to ruin his change of getting in the NFL Hall Of Fame,if the allegations backfired and teammates were scared of losing their job and being branded troublemakers.

1 person likes this