Derp - no linking image thieves please

#2 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,424 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

do you know an inferior site kinda lets anybody write their articles, much like bleacherreport

also lol at the Marshawn Lynch rushing yardage typo

#3 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • 2,911 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

I don't know, it gave me hope. Made some points.

Still would take about anyone else over this guy, save Shurmur. Gonna have to see it to believe it.

#4 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,424 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

when a media guy like Mayock advocates him, then i will take it semi-seriously

#5 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

This definitely made me feel better

#6 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • 2,911 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

I hear ya. Still incredibly skeptical. Just not bashing the guy in the back of my mind all day.

#7 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

when a media guy like Mayock advocates him, then i will take it semi-seriously

You let Mayock have final thoughts in your decision.... Yeah because he's always right

Whether you like an inferior site or not they write some damn good articles...

#8 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,883 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

The entire article is rooted in the belief that we shouldn't be mad we got second best (second lol) because Jackson may not have wanted to come here.

The only problem being is that we already know that isn't the case. Jackson didn't get the job because Rivera didn't want a guy on staff who pushed him for his. Not promising.

#9 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,424 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

You let Mayock have final thoughts in your decision.... Yeah because he's always right

Whether you like an inferior site or not they write some damn good articles...

at least Mayock gets his stats right

#10 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 4,532 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

That writer almost makes no sense, regarding Hue Jackson, cause he's a lowly DB's coach now (relatively speaking), and he DID want the Panther OC job. Where's this guy been? He's wrong in his 2nd sentence and first paragraph.

Secondly, all Jackson needed was one good year to have a good offense. He didn't have to be associated with a winner at Carolina. He wasn't going for the Head Coaches job. Just look at Chud? He was the former OC. And after a losing season, he's a head coach now.

To be honest, the article wasn't terribly well written for my taste (sorry Mark9Post, if you're a Huddler). And I don't think the writer convinced me anymore regarding Shula getting the gig. The facts, history and scenarios he presented, weren't strong enough. Plus, he made some assumptions, like "the days of Cam throwing for over 5000 yards is over", cause Shula is allegedly "Ole Skool". Maybe; maybe not. But excuse me? Isn't he a quarterbacks coach? And wasn't he Cam's QB coach? And isn't that supposedly the main reason why he got the job? And the NFL is a QB's, high scoring league--the last we knew, Right? Not saying they won't run the ball. But the end of Air Cammy Cam/Coryell appears to be a wanton assumption on the writers part. The Panthers should do both.

Actually, I liked the New Orleans type of offense the Panthers displayed during Cam's rookie season. That year, he threw for 4150 yards and the team rushed for about 2400. That's the goal/what you want, I think. Something in that area with Cam having less rushing yards--even (no more than 500-700+ yds--mostly off scrambles and a few called run plays a game). That's when the team is unstoppable (4,200+ passing Yds, 2200 rush), and could average 30pts a game.

I was originally against the hiring. Nonetheless, I'm willing to give Shula a chance.

Go Panthers!

#11 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,848 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

The only problem being is that we already know that isn't the case. Jackson didn't get the job because Rivera didn't want a guy on staff who pushed him for his. Not promising.

This whole statement is rooted on the belief that Rivera doesn't want anyone better than him to take over his job.

You literally have nothing to suggest such a claim. I'd say it's more your opinion on the matter than actual fact. Much like the guy that wrote the article in this thread.

#12 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

at least Mayock gets his stats right

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/04/mike-mayock-on-cam-newton-i-just-dont-know-if-he-cares-enough/1#.UP9K9if7Kek

http://nfldraftzone....bout-the-draft/

I'll just leave these here...

#13 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

Mayock's line of expertise is scouting players, not coaches.

That being said this article is homertastic garbage.

#14 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,424 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

journalistic scouting is one of the hardest things for someone to look like they know what they're talking about, even a guy like mayock

he's not basically throwing every conveniently positive stat he can find to support an argument, after all

#15 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,848 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

Mayock's line of expertise is scouting players, not coaches.

But-but-but, It's Mayock! Whatever he says must be true!

lol. He's renownly known as a draft guru. Nothing more, nothing less. If the subject at hand was about a draft prospect. I'd say he's more than likely going to be right. He has been right more times than he has been wrong about draft prospects though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com