Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers hire Ken Dorsey as QB coach

85 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Bwood' timestamp='1358907829' post='2111274']
The U!!! It all about the mother fugging U!!!
[/quote]

What year did U graduate?

Posted · Report post

[sub][url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Dorsey"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Dorsey[/url][/sub]

[color=#3399ff][size=4][b][sub]Former pro scout with the Panthers...then IMG as someone said, has worked with Cam. He was a winner (college)...arm strength did not translate to the pro game.[/sub][/b][/size][/color]

Posted · Report post

I'm just glad we weren't dumb enough to let Shula shoulder both jobs. He may not even be qualified for the first, sooo...

Posted · Report post

A bit off topic: congrats to ex-WR coach Fred Graves who landed on Chargers staff today.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CRA' timestamp='1358907188' post='2111262']

Great coaches generally aren't former HOFers. Not saying he is great....but the resume of a great coach rarely lists being a great former player.
[/quote]

I agree with you but I bet Peyton manning if he choose to accept that mission he would be a great HC at least a oc. If not it will self destruct

Posted · Report post

Looks like Cam can save his IMG money this year! :lol:

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Cary Kollins' timestamp='1358908006' post='2111281']

What year did U graduate?
[/quote]

Nah I stayed in California for college, my grandpops played football and baseball at the U and I grew up watching them with him in their glory days.

Posted · Report post

[u][img]http://blog.imgacademies.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/CamNewton_IMG_JD_F7H4474.jpg[/img][/u]
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Dorsey worked under Weinke at IMG when Cam was training there, right? And worked directly with Cam?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CarolinaCoolin' timestamp='1358908378' post='2111298']
I agree with you but I bet Peyton manning if he choose to accept that mission he would be a great HC at least a oc.
[/quote]

Manning becoming a good OC is not a given. Very few great players can make that transition. Just because you have a high IQ and great instincts doesn't mean you can teach it and manage an entire offensive system. Generally guys lacking in physical talent make better coordinators because they never could rely on talent alone.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CarolinaCoolin' timestamp='1358908378' post='2111298']
I agree with you but I bet Peyton manning if he choose to accept that mission he would be a great HC at least a oc. If not it will self destruct
[/quote]

[b][color=#3399ff]Peyton stikes me as more of the owner type rather than coach.[/color][/b]

Posted · Report post

[quote name='rainwater' timestamp='1358908782' post='2111308']
Manning becoming a good OC is not a given. Very few great players can make that transition. Just because you have a high IQ and great instincts doesn't mean you can teach it and manage an entire offensive system. Generally guys lacking in physical talent make better coordinators because they never could rely on talent alone.
[/quote]

it is widely reported that Manning is already basically his own OC, but I think that you are right in that he won't have someone with his ability to turn to... well, unless he did, and then... he might be good, but so would a lot of people, heh.