Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jon Beason just had shoulder surgery

55 posts in this topic

Posted

seems like something else to hang over his head to ensure that he restructures.

he could come back like TD, but what are the chances? not too good.

Posted

Hahaha I knew someone would ask.

Some of them are obvious ones like SuperCam, or Jody Breeze, or Dwill or Snoop or TD.

A lot of just taking the first letter of the players name and then a section of their last name, like I did with my username.

I call Godfrey God a lot which some people might take offense to. Lake Norman is one of my favorites for Josh, that started in the huddle though. I call Josh Thomas Pinhead Larry. Every play Luke makes I make sure to scream KEEK THE FREAK!!

I started a post for you...I apologize if you...ah hell, go post you reply. :)

Posted

didn't he say the surgery was successful? Bet he can come back.

When has a player's surgery ever been reported as unsuccessful?

And recoveries are always ahead of schedule too.

Posted

The OP makes it sound like Beason's shoulder was amputated and people are expecting him to tackle with one arm. If the shoulder is fixed, he'll be the same old dominant Beason (at OLB). If it isn't fixed, tough decisions will have to be made. It's not a foregone conclusion that he's done as a player.

1 person likes this

Posted

He had shoulder surgery

Shoulder

A lot of people didn't think he'll come back from achilles and he did. Not playing for a whole season caused these injuries

Posted

He had surgery to fix the problem and the surgery and the results of the surgery were as planned. The point isn't was it "reported as" successful or not, just the fact that he had the surgery and it went as planned.

While some fans will hope for a come back, I guess others will just be condescending know-it-alls.

If you look at how this team has handled its coaching vacancies, I wouldn't be surprised to see Beason restructure and try to make a come back. My money would be on the beast.

Posted

This. Surgeons are cocky as hell. You'll never find one that will come out and say, "Damn man, I really fuged that poo up."

Posted

Best thing is to cut him. He has a lot of guarantees in his contract that restructuring might not work that well... Gentlemagic might be a geni in a bottle that work wonders

Posted

How effective do you think Beason will be if healthy and not playing in the mlb position? How good can he play the other lb positions?

Posted

He had shoulder surgery

Shoulder

A lot of people didn't think he'll come back from achilles and he did. Not playing for a whole season caused these injuries

Well that's debatable.

Posted

Well that's debatable.

yeah I'm not sure he came back anywhere near 100%. issues with the knee was probably related to his trying to recover from his achilles issues.

Posted

Trading Beason would/will have less to do with his injuries than it will with the fact that his spot is now Luke's spot and his cap number simply doesn't justify playing him out of position, where he has a history of not performing as well - and that was before the injury.