• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#31 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:14 AM

When has a player's surgery ever been reported as unsuccessful?

And recoveries are always ahead of schedule too.

This. Surgeons are cocky as hell. You'll never find one that will come out and say, "Damn man, I really fuged that poo up."

#32 Cam2Ligit2Quit

Cam2Ligit2Quit

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:10 AM

Best thing is to cut him. He has a lot of guarantees in his contract that restructuring might not work that well... Gentlemagic might be a geni in a bottle that work wonders

#33 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:19 AM

How effective do you think Beason will be if healthy and not playing in the mlb position? How good can he play the other lb positions?

#34 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,485 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

He had shoulder surgery

Shoulder

A lot of people didn't think he'll come back from achilles and he did. Not playing for a whole season caused these injuries

Well that's debatable.

#35 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

Well that's debatable.

yeah I'm not sure he came back anywhere near 100%. issues with the knee was probably related to his trying to recover from his achilles issues.

#36 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

Trading Beason would/will have less to do with his injuries than it will with the fact that his spot is now Luke's spot and his cap number simply doesn't justify playing him out of position, where he has a history of not performing as well - and that was before the injury.

#37 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,609 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

hmph, only about 10 mil a game

one of hurney's better deals

You know it's funny when you click on your rep on a post and you see all the butthurt people that downvote you for making a Hurney quip

#38 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,287 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

You know it's funny when you click on your rep on a post and you see all the butthurt people that downvote you for making a Hurney quip

It's likely Hurney himself giving you negative rep.

#39 SOJA

SOJA

King McNutt 2016

• HUDDLER
  • 9,175 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

you are smoking crack if you don't think Beason is going to work his ass off to get back into top shape, especially with all of Luke's success

#40 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,609 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

seeing as how it takes a lot more than a year to fully recover from an achilles tear, yea nobody should've expected beason to come back and instantly play at a high level again.

the shoulder thing is a bit worrisome though

#41 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,807 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

seeing as how it takes a lot more than a year to fully recover from an achilles tear, yea nobody should've expected beason to come back and instantly play at a high level again.

the shoulder thing is a bit worrisome though

Exactly

The achilles is more worrisome and he came back from that so I have no doubt Beast will be back from a shoulder

TD, 3 ACL surgeries. I doubted him and I will admit it. But after that, I no longer will doubt people

#42 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,182 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

I remember when folks were saying that TD would not return from injury and that his contract made him too expensive. What happened there? He restructured and played well. So don't give me any poo about Beast.

There is a very good chance Beast will restructure. There is also a good chance that he can still play. No one knows Beast, so I will continue to believe he wants to come back. He will do whatever he can to make that happen. But then again, I am an optimist so it is easier for me to believe something good will come from this.

I love how the disgruntled would have us believe nothing good will ever happen round here. You have to love this interwebz thingy.

#43 klumme

klumme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

We need Beason to take a paycut not restructure.

And sure he will be back from the shoulder thing, but will he ever be back to the form he had 2/3 years ago? I doubt it considering the injury he had and the fact that MLB is gone and he is a way better MLB than OLB.

#44 beastson52

beastson52

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationEl Paso Tx

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

I think he'll be fine as well. He just needs to restructure his contract and throw some bonuses for playin time in there.

What I would like to see him do is slim down a little. I think lowering (slightly) his muscle mass will better suit him if he wants to play OLB at a high level.

#45 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,389 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:41 AM

I think a lot of the people who want to cut Beason have never seen him play a full game, honestly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.