#61 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,750 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

This might be a call for help... He could be looking for some guidance/support or someone to even help him with his journey back to the league.

Like I said before if he is super cereal about playing QB... He should drop to about 245-250

yea dudes got a cannon for an arm. It's really a shame he doesnt realize how lucky he was to be in that situation. But yea if he is serious about it, with his size, arm, athleticism, he could be pretty good.

#62 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

yea dudes got a cannon for an arm. It's really a shame he doesnt realize how lucky he was to be in that situation. But yea if he is serious about it, with his size, arm, athleticism, he could be pretty good.

I don't think he'll be in the league this year... Might have to prove his self in the CFL.

Jets-This would be a terrible place for him to go.. No veteran leadership at all
Cardinals- Would Bruce Arians work with Russell?
Bills- Likely to draft a QB
Browns- maybe?
Eagles- Don't see it happening, plus another bad place to go Philly fans are ruthless
Chiefs- Possible, but I don't see it happening
Jaguars- Possibly but I doubt it
Raiders- Probably not the best road to go down....

(can't think of any other QB "needy" teams)

#63 Awesomeness!

Awesomeness!

Huddle Smartass

• HUDDLER
  • 4,526 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

I don't think he'll be in the league this year... Might have to prove his self in the CFL.

Jets-This would be a terrible place for him to go.. No veteran leadership at all
Cardinals- Would Bruce Arians work with Russell?
Bills- Likely to draft a QB
Browns- maybe?
Eagles- Don't see it happening, plus another bad place to go Philly fans are ruthless
Chiefs- Possible, but I don't see it happening
Jaguars- Possibly but I doubt it
Raiders- Probably not the best road to go down....

(can't think of any other QB "needy" teams)

Carolina!!

Seriously, Tampa, Tenn, teams like Det needs a backup. There is a market, if he is serious.

#64 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

Carolina!!

Seriously, Tampa, Tenn, teams like Det needs a backup. There is a market, if he is serious.

LOL!!

If he's serious and gets close to 250-245 he has the potential to be a great backup/possible starter I just think he needs to go to a team with veteran leadership to put him on the right track.

#65 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

Ryan Leaf is costing you fugers thousands to chill in a jail for snorting up his $$. If you look at J Russ numbers, they arent THAT bad. His second year was decent in fact. But oh no, hes fat amd dumn and lazy. Whatever..with so many shitty QBs in the league he should find a team, if he is serious.

52.1 completion %, 19 total TDs, 38 turnovers. How do you figure his numbers aren't that bad? They are terrible

#66 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,540 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

His physical tools don't matter. His mind just isn't right.

#67 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

Its amazing how people with no talent dehumanize people with with talent. The Raiders picked him. The same as they would be with any other player, they are culpable in his success or failure. (the raiders track record for developing talent speaks for itself). Did he live up to his potential, obviously not. But whatever the reasons for him being lazy and unfocused (i freely admit that he was), he has done nothing to deserve raucous, unadulterated hate. Its a shame really. You cant live his life and you cant have his talent. Get over it.

Does he deserve a second chance? At 300 pounds, HELL NO!! But hey if the man can play then thats his concern. Some people that come back from emotional adversity are heralded as heros. Others are shunned as pariahs. Im curious to see the criteria for picking who becomes media darlings because I am definitely missing something somewhere.

#68 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

Señor Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,300 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:46 AM

He could come back and be a Josh Hamilton-like steal for some team. But he is going to have to show more commitment than losing 12 pounds and doing some cardio for a couple weeks.

#69 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,015 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:11 AM

I can tell you this... If Ryan Leaf came out and said "I'm planing a comeback" I can guarantee there would be just as much poo talk (if not more) in that thread. Don't make this a discrimination thread man because there's none here

I hope JaMarcus comes back and shocks the world... But the way he just didn't care in Oakland I highly doubt it. It would be an amazing story and I hope he does take it as serious (or even more) as Derek Anderson (lol)

For folks who love to clain that things are black and white, u r quick to turn my comment into just that. And I have read a lot of the Ryan Leaf posts. But my point still remains, despite all the mess that Ryan has done to himself, if he was to make a comeback in the NFL, he would be given a better chance than Russel. The reason why? Ryan was not turned into a mockery like Russel was over his weaknesses. He was given endless changes to get his act together. He just kepr screwing up and left the NFL on his own. The sentiments surrounding Ryan seems more on the level of disappointed and not simple a desire to ridicule and mock like in the case of Russel.

#70 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

Señor Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,300 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:17 AM

For folks who love to clain that things are black and white, u r quick to turn my comment into just that. And I have read a lot of the Ryan Leaf posts. But my point still remains, despite all the mess that Ryan has done to himself, if he was to make a comeback in the NFL, he would be given a better chance than Russell.

No he wouldn't. He only got 3 seasons like Russell. Leaf was a joke and Russell was a joke.

#71 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

For folks who love to clain that things are black and white, u r quick to turn my comment into just that. And I have read a lot of the Ryan Leaf posts. But my point still remains, despite all the mess that Ryan has done to himself, if he was to make a comeback in the NFL, he would be given a better chance than Russel. The reason why? Ryan was not turned into a mockery like Russel was over his weaknesses. He was given endless changes to get his act together. He just kepr screwing up and left the NFL on his own. The sentiments surrounding Ryan seems more on the level of disappointed and not simple a desire to ridicule and mock like in the case of Russel.

The only reason I've turned it that way was because there has been so many threads about "discrimination". So I apologize if you didn't mean it like that. But the only reason Leaf would possibly get a better chance than Russel would is because he's in better shape than him. I really hope JaMarcus can turn this around and shock the world but I can't help to doubt him since he let himself get up to 3+ bills.

#72 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,093 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

he was 320lbs. He came out saying he dropped 12 lbs and was ready for an NFL return. Why wouldn't he get into playing shape before he came out and said he wanted to return. He is not serious about this.

Honestly, this is how I feel. If he was/is serious about returning, he can't be 300+ pounds; especially at QB. Get down to 250-260, then come back with the return talk. I hope he comes back, though

#73 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,277 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

ESPN is a joke, but every now and then their talking heads make a good point between discussing actual sports. Yesterday, Schelereth basically said the same thing BWTRG and Aggie Lean just said on NFL Live. They asked him what he thought of Russell's prospects and he said, "You've been working with these people since September supposedly, and you've lost 12 lbs.? Nothing says you're ready to make a comeback than dropping from 320 to 308 in 4 months." He completely blasted him...

#74 panthernation23

panthernation23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

You want me to make a list of all of the players before him that did this? Murderers got second chances in the NFL. Cut him some slack.

k, name 10 guys that were paid 40+ mil guaranteed and lasted 2 or 3 years in the league.

#75 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,104 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

As much as we bitch about hurney, can you imagine this place if we drafted Jamarcus over Calvin Johnson and Adrian Peterson?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.