#76 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,965 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

I'd sign him.

I'd just tell him to give the Raiders back the $39 million dollars he stole first.

#77 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,556 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:22 AM

Jets lol

looks like my prediction might be coming true:

The Newark Star-Ledger reports the Jets have had "some very exploratory, informal discussions" regarding ex-Raiders QB JaMarcus Russell.

Russell, of course, was the No. 1 overall pick in the 2007 draft and has been out of the league since 2009. However, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported last week that Russell is planning to show his face at the NFL Scouting Combine next month in hopes of making a comeback. Russell is currently tipping the scales at 305 pounds, but hopes to get down to his past playing weight of around 260. The Star-Ledger says these talks happened after Mike Tannenbaum was fired, but it's unclear if John Idzik was in the fold, yet. Only the Jets. Jan 28 - 10:45 PM

http://www.rotoworld...4154/player?r=1

#78 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:58 AM

Good luck to JaMarcus and Vince. Bums like Leaf, Leinart, Carr, and Couch got 2nd and 3rd chances, good to see JaMarcus get his. IMO, he wil put up 4000 yards passing, 20+ TDs, and 700 rushing yards because him and Cam are basically one in the same.

#79 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,290 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:01 AM

lol russell and newton are one in the same?

wow.

#80 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:02 AM

Yes, Cam is another JaMarcus

#81 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,290 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:05 AM

surely you can't honestly believe that.

#82 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:20 AM

Good luck to JaMarcus and Vince. Bums like Leaf, Leinart, Carr, and Couch got 2nd and 3rd chances, good to see JaMarcus get his. IMO, he wil put up 4000 yards passing, 20+ TDs, and 700 rushing yards because him and Cam are basically one in the same.

Those are better than his career numbers, I hope you don't mean he is going to do that in one season.

#83 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,507 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:29 AM

No way Jamarcus' fat ass could rush for 700 yards lol. I want him to get a second shot, but he's gotta get serious about this. 300 lbs is too big for a QB

#84 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,712 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:34 AM

lol russell and newton are one in the same?

wow.

I think you're missing KT's subtle sarcasm and jab at the media for labeling Cam as another Russel.

#85 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

I think you're missing KT's subtle sarcasm and jab at the media for labeling Cam as another Russel.

^This.

#86 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,290 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:44 AM

that wasn't in the context of his post and you can't tell me you wouldn't be surprised if he actually felt that way.

#87 Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray

Gazing In The Mirror

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:51 AM

If he can't make it back with this entire group of people helping him, he never will.

Yahoo! Sports has learned that Russell’s mentor through this whole process is former NFL wide receiver Mike Clayton, who like Russell is a LSU product. Over the next couple months, Russell will be training with Brian Martin of TEST Football Academy and TEST West, whose draft products include Joe Flacco and Patrick Peterson among others. In addition, former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Jeff Garcia (quarterback technique training), Olympian Ato Boldon (speed training and analysis), Dr. Robert Price of Elite Minds (mental and psychological analysis), former NFL wide receiver Quinn Early (disciplinary work and focus), former New York Giants quarterback Scott Brunner (reading defenses and classroom sessions) and NFL Hall of Fame running back Marshall Faulk (reading defenses) will work as part of the team trying to reclaim the quarterback’s promise.

#88 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,507 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

To the above post, that's what I want to see from Jamarcus.

#89 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

Posted Image

#90 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

If he can't make it back with this entire group of people helping him, he never will.

Yahoo! Sports has learned that Russell’s mentor through this whole process is former NFL wide receiver Mike Clayton, who like Russell is a LSU product. Over the next couple months, Russell will be training with Brian Martin of TEST Football Academy and TEST West, whose draft products include Joe Flacco and Patrick Peterson among others. In addition, former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Jeff Garcia (quarterback technique training), Olympian Ato Boldon (speed training and analysis), Dr. Robert Price of Elite Minds (mental and psychological analysis), former NFL wide receiver Quinn Early (disciplinary work and focus), former New York Giants quarterback Scott Brunner (reading defenses and classroom sessions) and NFL Hall of Fame running back Marshall Faulk (reading defenses) will work as part of the team trying to reclaim the quarterback’s promise.

Wow... Glad to see he's putting in the effort to get back in the league... I just don't feel the Jets is the right place to go, no veteran leadership there's always sideshots in the lockerroom and their fans are ruthless

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com