Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rivera talked to (wanted?) Norv

71 posts in this topic

Posted

It sounds like we were caught pretty off-guard by the Chud hiring. With it happening so fast, it seems like Chud had already set up a direct line to Norv before he was even hired. Which is pretty lame... We should have just fired him immediately and started talking to Norv before anything else could happen.

Agreed.

JR should have had the guts to fire Rivera.

And Rivera should have had the guts to fire Chud, if he--himself wasn't fired by JR.

However, Chud leaves; secures a deal with Cleveland to hire him if he brings Norv Turner along; taking him out of the running for OC at Carolina. Chud was one step ahead of Rivera all along.

Now, if Rivera really considered Norv in the first place (and not always wanted Shula), he should have fired Chud for mis-management of the offense the first half of the year, as well as his poor situational play calling through out the year--in the first place--right after the season ended.

When will Rivera ever learn?? He just bragged on the radio yesterday that he learned to stop being passive after the 8th game of the season. Well, if he really considered Chud as OC after he left, then he should have pulled the trigger against Chud's frequent Mad Scientist Experiments during the 2012 season all along!

I'm content with Shula. But slow you blow, if you're first choice was Turner, Ron!

Posted

In regard to Norv, sure. In regard to Chud? I guarantee you there were more people in NC that wanted Chud to go to the Browns than there were in Cleveland.

doesn't matter.

he left on his own. he wasn't asked to. they weren't planning on it. they weren't expecting it. they were caught completely off gaurd.

the sad truth is, we didn't reject him. he rejected us and norv did as well.

Posted

Why didn't Chud attempt to ****** Shula away with him?

How do we know he didn't?

Posted

Why didn't Chud attempt to ****** Shula away with him?

Because he knew that Shula would prob get promoted to OC in Carolina, and with Norv already at OC, the most he could offer him in Cleveland was QB coach.

Posted

doesn't matter.

he left on his own. he wasn't asked to. they weren't planning on it. they weren't expecting it. they were caught completely off gaurd.

Yeah, even though I wanted Chud canned, it probably would not have happened. I still don't see it as a rejection of the Panthers as much as accepting a promotion. Who in their right mind would turn down a promotion based on a really sh!tty recent history.

Posted

Rivera again a step slower and behind, just like on Sundays.

1 person likes this

Posted

chud and norv both chose to go to cleveland instead of being here.

not sure how that's them taking our rejects.

To be fair though, Chud's choice to leave was a promotion.

Posted

Yeah, even though I wanted Chud canned, it probably would not have happened. I still don't see it as a rejection of the Panthers as much as accepting a promotion. Who in their right mind would turn down a promotion based on a really sh!tty recent history.

agreed. but as it stands, they aren't taking our rejects. they are taking people who chose cleveland over us.

were we happy chud left? maybe, we'll see how mike "plan 'c'" shula does.

were we happy we missed out on turner? nope.

Posted

Chud and Norv have been talking and planning that all season that's why the offense sputtered until the plan was worked out.

I don't believe for one second chud didn't know he had a hc job lined up.

Would also explain Anderson's comment about going back.

Posted

To be fair though, Chud's choice to leave was a promotion.

lol i'm only saying that because someone said they were taking our rejects. you can't reject someone who is leaving on their own for a better situation.

Posted

better plan than rivera's.

What else is new?

Posted

doesn't matter.

naivety